Thanks Britt for saving Collins and Fishers tail!!!!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansWillWin2, Oct 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Or his 98 rating this season...

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

What are you talking about with that Steelers game?
    Groundhog's Day. Again.

There's guys like you who claim all the above.
    Then there's guys like me that know Collins played a lot better in the Ravens playoff game than Young did against SD in the 07 playoffs and The Crumpler/Lendale fumbles in scoring position lost that game. As for last year, terrible secondary play, injuries and muffed punts caused a big deal of that 0-6 start. Collins numbers in those 6 games are similar to VY's career averages.

Then there's the Titans players and coaches and media. Guess which side they lean toward?

It's sure as hell not yours.

3. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

Once again, lumping big sums with small samples. That 98 rating has nothing to do with 2006-2009. It's good for 4-2.

Ryan Fitzpatrick is higher at 102 and Rivers is right below at 97.8. Their teams combined record is 2-11. Passer ratings alone mean nothing.

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

we are lucky to have two good quarterbacks...

listen up fellas.. for real...

Kerry Collins doesn't have the steam to start all season.
    VY is our boy. He just is.

Kerry Collins does what he does... but if you think for a damn minute he can come out there and chunk them to Britt all afternoon and put up 300 yards and 3 TD's week in and week out... FORGET IT!

Kerry Collins is a GREAT back-up. Arguably the best in the NFL...
    seriously though guys, you might as well put your eggs in VY's basket.

This is his team. Fisher is the coach. The team is 5-2 and our guys are blowing the doors off of teams... for real, if we somehow, some way blow out the Colts can we get behind our players and coaches if only for a week?

5. Alex1939

I 100% guarantee that won't happen.

Although I applaud the sentiment.

6. Alex1939

Whatever you have to do to take credit away from Vince.

I'll remind you like I did in the other thread... check KFCs 2006 stats and compare them to 2006 VY stats.

7. Dendore

Dendore Camp Fodder

Britt played amazing... noone disputes that. Collins played... thats about it. He's a backup QB and past his prime... what do you expect out of him?

8. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Hmmm... how about his performance over the course of the past two years? I suppose looking at that would be ridiculous, after all, quarterbacks never take a couple years to develop into NFL caliber players or anything. But lets have a look anyway...
    VY since his first start last season (Jacksonville, week 8):

2500 yards, 7 YPA
    ~60% completion
    17 TD
    8 INT
    ~90 QB Rating

370 Rushing Yards, 5 YPC
    2 Rushing TD.

Please note that 6 of the 8 listed interceptions occurred last year, and both of his interceptions this year happened against the Steelers. He has shown much better ability when it comes to taking care of the football this season.
    So explain to me what exactly is wrong with his performance. And without dragging out numbers from his first 2 years in the league please...

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

As glad as I am that KFC threw two hundred seventy some odd yards and 3 TD, not to mention three picks the other day, I'll be glad to see #10 back under center.
    That's MY QUARTERBACK

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar