thank you NFL Gods

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ONUV, Feb 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

make a case for it being a fluke given the week 17 result.

New England played from behind, took the lead and lost it in the final moments... if anything is a fluke it's the whole 16-0 thing... unless they cheated... but we all know that fine organization is miles above anything short of fair play. :suspect:

c'mon... your argument is anorexic. It needs weight.

2. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Downing Sucks. Kelly sucks even more.

[​IMG]

:))

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Gunny. Buddy. LV lost a lot of money because gamblers will ALWAYS take a chance on such a huge underdog in such a game. Always.
    There was a lot more money to win betting on the Giants than there was betting on the patriots. That's how odds work.
    For instance, when I go to horse races, I'll put 10 bucks on a horse that has crappy odds, because by chance it wins, the pay out is better. It's pretty simple.

Most people thought the Giants didn't stand a chance. They shocked the world. That's why everyone loved the game. It wasn't an exciting game. There was very little action, but since David beat Goliath, it was like watching an underdog movie live.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

No they don't. Big Gamblers (the professional gamblers) don't put $10,000 on a huge underdog

Yes, but the underdog winning is remote. For every time you win, there is a more than likely chance you have lost more money than you have won. Therefore you are still in the red overall.

5. Deuce Wayne

I didnt say they put 10k on the underdog. Casual gamblers will place 50 on the underdog in a single game like the superbowl many times though.
    I'm guessing the superbowl is the most betted on game of the season. Many people probably bet on it that usually don't bet on regular season games.

6. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

Does nobody respect great defense? I loved watching the Giants' defense run things and get at Brady every play, I've been waiting all season to see someone do that to the Pats. That's why it was an exciting game, even if the Pats had won it still would have been a great game.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

And they wouldn't be betting on an underdog.

8. Deuce Wayne

I do, but I want to see a mix of defense/offense. 7-3 with a lot of boring short runs and incompletes just doesn't do it for me.

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

It was a great game 'cause Tommy-Girl had his pancreas stamped to his tonsils. I waited ALL season to see that happen and when it finally did- he folded like a lawn chair.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar