Thank You Mr. Robinson

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dangermode, Sep 6, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Triggered? Read your post. You’re ranting. You called me out for hating and even doubled down saying “fake support of a guy you don’t like”. Never written anything to that effect. I have one simple position. JRob is slightly above average and trending up. That’s my opinion. Your rant above clearly demonstrates your a fanboy.

If I thought compiling a new list or even breaking down yours point by point would make for a productive dialogue- I’d do it. But you’d likely just go off on another knee-pad fanboy rant. That’s not worth my time. I’m at work right now.

2. 10ACTyrant

10ACTyrant Starter

JRob has mostly been pretty amazing as GM but he has certain blind spots and it seems K is one of them.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Someone on ESPN last night said Gost was signed just 11 days ago.. I don't see how JRob is sitting there not thinking "Hmm why hasn't this guy been signed yet". bad

4. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

No I just call out BS when I see it. Remember who started this conversation. You felt called out when I said people think he's a bad GM. Never mentioned you at all, but since you decided to chime in... I wonder why you felt so inclined to comment when no one mentioned your name at all... hmmmmmm.

But yeah PK go ahead. Keep deflecting. You've had longer than just today to respond. Keep the excuses coming though.

5. Young54

Young54 Starter

Coming off hip surgery, hard to really tell. He was the best we had in practice. Apparently he didn't miss a kick in pregame warm ups. He was nailing them from 55.

I think the hip is fine. Not so sure about the brain.

6. Young54

Young54 Starter

What do you consider average? What is the average career on an NFL GM? I'd guess 6 or 7 years maybe? You have "GM"s like Bellichick and Jerry Jones skewing the numbers. The fact that JRob has been here 5 years now and the team has made progress each year indicates he's better than just "slightly above average". Kaizen. An "average" GM would already be on the hot seat, if not fired.

Forget the record, start with personnel, coaching, and culture first. The record will follow. Free agents actually want to play for the Titans now. However, what impresses me the most, is how he's handled money. Look at the contracts. That makes him a top level GM in my option. Is he perfect, no. No one is. Look at Bellichick and Jones. Is he getting better, clearly.

Look at the GM's we've had since Floyd Reese. Look at the turnover other teams have. Even old Floyd put in in cap hell and we had to dismantle the team. You have to take into account all those scrub GMs when you calculate your "average". Unless you're saying: "of the pool of already established and good GMs, JRob is above average".

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

My God anyone doubting JRob at all is insane. Got one of the better QBs for almost nothing. That in itself was fantastic. Inherited a talentless team at 80% of the positions. Picked an ideal nickel LB in the 5th round and with the pick of Evans gave us a more than solid inside LB core. Picked one of the best Ss in the 3rd round. Landry is a solid pick coming off the loss of both starting OLBs. Simmons is a beast inside. Adoree is a great player we have really missed the first two games and the other 1st round pick that same year has been carrying the offense the first two games. Smith has filled in well for Walker as a 3rd round pick. Henry is probably the best pure runner in the league. Jrob also picked a stud WR in the 2nd round. The guy isn't perfect but has done a fantastic job.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  8. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

I think in terms of GM evaluation, you really do have to look at the baseline talent when hired. JR has turned over pretty much the whole roster AND coaching staff. An entire re-do. Yes, he has whiffed on some picks, but every single GM does - every single draft. We had literally years of basement dwelling crappiness and now optimism built on a solidly preforming team. Let’s ditch all this name calling/in-fighting crap and enjoy this very short few weeks of Titans football while we can.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Tricky

Tricky Starter

JRob is the GOAT. Come at me

• LOL LOL x 1
  10. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Letting Conklin walk and signing Henry and Tannehill also looks like the right move. As planned Kelly can hold down RT until the rookie gest his head together. As long as we have Tannehill and Henry the offense will be pretty good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar