Texas/Vince Young fans.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Deuce Wayne, Sep 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansWillWin1

TitansWillWin1 Camp Fodder

yes i admit i dont like kerry collins, but i still pull for us to win!

2. Knux757

Knux757 Virginia Beach Elite

aagreed, tebow will be a bust in the nfl if he goes in as a QB.

3. The_Jerr83

The_Jerr83 Camp Fodder

Thats just opinion right now. We don't know if Vince has progressed learning on the sidelines yet untill get's out there and play's. He is supposedly our Future so why not get him going now. Im not saying put him in the next game but if we are 0-4/0-5 the change needs to happen so he can get the experience. You are basing his play off of the 07 season in which the whole offense changed from letting him loose to the game manager role. All im saying is that he has 1 and half season under his belt and you are ready to throw our #1 draft pick away. We need to give him a chance and play so he can learn. There is not a whole lot of learning from the sidelines besides reading coverages.

4. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

id gladly take tebow in the 5th. i think the risk (minimal at round 5) vs reward (potential starter/good holy karma/team leader) would be right at that spot

good news is if we keep this up we will be able to draft eric berry in the first round 8)8)

5. Loqitar10

Loqitar10 Camp Fodder

That's just silly, ESPN pumping up Vince. Seriously? They sure as heck didn't build him up as a sure fire pro success. They didn't even give him his due as a college player.

6. Loqitar10

Loqitar10 Camp Fodder

Deuce, you really need to get out of this 2007 time warp you're stuck in. It's not good for your development as a poster. :wink2:

7. Stephenson

Stephenson Camp Fodder

Loqitar10, you really need to get out of this 2006 time warp you're stuck in. It's not good for your development as a poster.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Vince hasn't progressed, did you watch the Colts game and pre season? Same old terrible QB and against backups. I'd hate to see Young against the Steelers or Jets first string. When the seasons totally out of reach sure give Young and Ramsey a shot. I mean once upon a time we did start Matt Mauck.

9. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Has there ever been a young QB who's been benched for two years after playing consistently that has ever succeeded on the same team?

I mean, there's a reason they were benched in every case. I'd understand the pining for VY if he were in a Romo/Bledsoe situation where we had seen glimpses of greatness in limited PT, and feel that we've got a superstar in the waiting.. But this isn't that.

Vince has failed conclusively once, and if history repeats itself, he will never succeed in this league until he is on someone else's roster. Maybe all you lemmings will find another board to leech onto at that point.

That's right... Lemmings.:)

10. amstrf89

amstrf89 Starter

They're not Vince Young fans, they are Titans fans who are tired of seeing a quarterback who can't do anything in the fourth quarter (25.9 passer rating.)

Vince didn't continue to play pathetically, and it's not that Collins lost a few games as a starter, it's how he lost those games (I refer you to my previous comment.)

The last time Vince played in a meaningful game, which was with less talent to work with, his passing was about the same as Kerry's without the massive dropoff in the fourth quarter. Adding in Vince's ability to make plays with his legs, he's obviously the better choice at QB.

Collins is playing like Grossman right now.

He has yet to prove he's bad. He's proven he's not a pocket passer who averages 300 yards a game, but by no means is he bad.

You're arguing against yourself.

0.2 yards per pass less than Kerry . . . hilarious!

He passes as well as Collins is passing now, he doesn't suck in the fourth quarter, and he runs a lot better than Kerry . . . kinda seems like that would make us better.

I don't think anyone wants us to lose so Vince can play. We are losing and a lot of us think we will win with Vince in the game.

1 It was one game
    2 It was the preseason
    3 He had backups to work with
    4 IT WAS THE PRESEASON

You'd only hate to see him against the Steelers or Jets because he would do well and you'd look like even more of a jackass than you already do.

He was benched because he was injured, and he has shown glimpses of greatness, not as a passer, but as a game changer.

Also, lemmings don't leech onto things. Leeches leech onto things . . . lemmings jump off of cliffs.

That's right . . . Cliffs :)

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar