Texas High School Safeties Destroy Ref

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Ten_Titans, Sep 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I wouldn't file charges, the football field is a sacred place where acts of violence have always gone overlooked. Is that wrong? Maybe, but thats whats so special about football, you get away with assaulting people.

Id just dump them from my team, thats simply wrong what they did, but to ruin their lives over a bad choice they made as kids? Not my style personally.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I don't think that applies to officials though. Particularly when it's so blatant and intentional.

I don't think it would ruin their lives by any stretch. They are minors aren't they? Even if they aren't I doubt they'd be doing any hard time for this. They need some sort of punishment though IMO. Even if it's just a bunch of community service or something.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. JCBRAVE

Minors their ages are charged as adults all the time, but I like the community service idea, thats appropriate.

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

1. True. Thus the need for suspension. Not "banned for life" like you drama queens are calling for.

2. Meh. Anyone could be "seriously injured". He wasn't seriously injured because they didn't hit him very hard. Matters.

3. If you're the coach- it was most likely YOUR call... so why would they never play for you?

by the way- that wasn't even CLOSE to "running full speed" lol

5. Deuce Wayne

Vicious?????

How do you guys even watch football?

6. Deuce Wayne

Yet.... how many of you get hype to see blocks like this:

WAY worse and far more dangerous.

You can play that "but he wasn't a player" card all you want. You're still hypocrites and over-exaggerating the situation.

7. JCBRAVE

Really? 2 guys with equipment vs guy without a helmet or shoulder pads...

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. Deuce Wayne

It'd be "vicious" if they hit him hard. Since they didn't... not the right word.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  9. JCBRAVE

it was deliberate and cruel, therefor it was vicious.

its the perfect word for what happened

JC - 2
    DW - 0

• High Five High Five x 2
    • LOL LOL x 1
  10. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I don't mean banned from football for life. I'm just saying if I were the coach they wouldn't be playing for me again.

"Anyone could be seriously injured?" lol what a lame and irrelevant response. If I walked up and clocked you in the back of the head with a baseball bat and went "(shrug) anyone can get hurt" would that be reasonable excuse?

Bottom line is high school officials don't sign up to get blindsided with blatant hits by the players. Blatant being the key word in all this. It's not like this was some accident. If it were no one would care and this wouldn't be a story.

Also, considering the relatively short distance, I'd say it was close enough to full speed. But really, full-speed, 3/4th speed, it really doesn't matter. It certainly wasn't some love tap like you are trying to make it out to be.

lol you really think this coach instructed his high school players to blatantly target a ref like that? I think that is pretty absurd. For that to be true he'd have to be unbelievably dumb and short-sighted. Which isn't out of the question I suppose but until there's even an inkling of evidence that was the case it's stupid to even put out there IMO.

#50 SawdustMan, Sep 11, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar