Texans Heavily Overpay Tunsil

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by VondyP, Apr 24, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

One of the commentators on Cbs draft coverage asked "where is a spot we could see Jacob Eason go?"

The expert said, "I don't see one soon, except maybe the Texans, because we have no idea what they're doing."

• LOL LOL x 4
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

3. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

This trade is actually worse than the Hopkins trade I think.

2 firsts and a ridiculous contract for a guy you could have easily replaced with either one of those firsts.

Just dumb. And tunsil strikes me as the kind of guy who may get lazy now that he's done got paid.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
  4. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Think about this. We traded a 4th round pick for Tannehill and he’s got a $22 million cap hit for us this year.

Texans traded 2 firsts for Tunsil and he’s also getting $22 million this year

• High Five High Five x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Well, split every year.
    4 straight years of 1-1.
    Have to go back to 2007 for a Houston sweep.

It is sad that they’ve won division more recently.

6. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Texans are going to have a rough year. They will lose Watson next year..he will sign with NE and really piss O'Brien off

If he's still there

7. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Think it's a slight overpay, but the cap goes up every year, and he is probowl quality. I'm ok with it. Thing is, if Watson leaves, and he should, he won't be protecting anything. So there is that. He did all of this without an agent. guaranteed, good pay, long term.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

What an absolute mess BoB has created. No draft capital, and they're going to be in cap Hell. I love it, but I'd be losing my mind if I was a Texans fan.

9. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

• LOL LOL x 2
  10. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Texans better come out the gate swinging to start the season or it will get ugly really fast.

I'm enjoying this coming from them, because Watson has the potential to take them to another level. But it's not going to happen anymore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar