Texans at Titans Game Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fry, Oct 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

jerry austin is one of the worst officials in the league. when the game come on and they called holding on the opening kick off(right call) i turned to my dad and said "this is the worst officiating crew in the league." good to see they didnt disappoint me.

2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

The league needs to modify the interpretation of control of the ball. They expect a WR to catch the ball and literally tuck it into their gut before it is a catch. Bennett got screwed big time.

For those who are upset at our seemingly lack of offense we were hampered statistically by the fact we run fumble back for a TD and we ran a punt back. Those plays scewed the TOP and the number of offensive plays we had.
    Our offense only had 43 plays the whole game. The Texans had 78 offensive plays. The defense wasn't too hot late in the game. They gave up drives of 74 and 80 yards the last two drives of the game.

3. eberry

eberry Camp Fodder

I just read that's the first consecutive games we have won since the end of 2003?? Is that right?

4. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Any other official would have ruled that a catch.

I don't buy that. Scoring on a punt and fumble recovery does not explain why Travis Henry had a 2 yard average on 15 runs, or Drew Bennet just 1 reception for 20-odd yards.

5. I thought it was the end of 2004, dang...

6. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Word. I've seen a few clear bobbles that were ruled as a catch. This ticks me off.

7. Anyone see that, Kasey tried a 65 yarder...

8. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Yep. Even better did you see Vandershank miss another one earlier :ha:

9. Yep, 47 yarder wern't it, what a vanderjerk...

10. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

No one can hit from 65... except Ola Kimrin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar