Texans are a threat

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Jun 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I have been really impressed with the Texans and where they are going. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see them competing for the division. They will be ALOT tougher this year. There defense is young AND improving with star-caliber players. I am also concerned that Kubiak will be able to design schemes to make up for their OL weakness.

The gap has closed. (I also think the gap has closed on the Colts as well.) Should be an interesting year in the conference.

2. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

I agree, in part.

The Texans defense is building very impressively. They are going to be a dominant defense sooner rather than later. They still have big questions at the skill positions on offense for mine. Schaub is a gamble, they are scratching for quality starters opposite AJ and their RB situation may not be much better than ours with an ageing Ahman Green and Ron Dayne.

If they can squeak 17-20 points a game out of their offense, they will be competitive.

I do agree that our division will be interesting. Jacksonville look to be improving (as they do every off-season), and if they can get some stability out of their QB situation they should post a winning record.

The Colts are the Colts. The law of averages also says that at some stage in his career Manning is going to miss some time with an injury (Favre's record notwithstanding). How the Colts manage if this happens is a BIG question mark.

(p.s. Nice Heads sig Riverman - now I'm not the only one with song lyrics for a sig)

3. The Texans still stink, IMHO. They may be marginally better, but they still have a terrible OLine and no #2 WR to take the heat off Johnson. At QB, Shaub is the new Rob Johnson until he proves otherwise. Their DLine is looking pretty good (assuming their last 3 1st round picks all show up this year), but Demeco Ryans and Dunta Robinson are still the only 2 good players they have behind that line...

4. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

Texans OLB & secondary will kill them this year. The only impact player in the back 7 is Ryans.

Offensive line is still suspect also.

5. Riverman

I don't see that way at all guys. Defense is young and except Okoye have some experience they didn't have last year.

Schaub is a proven back-up vet. IMO, he has had enough experience and fits well enough with Kubiak's system to make an immediate impact. Green should have his legs back. I agree the OL still needs work- but Kubiak has had a year to get the zone blocking scheme installed and fine-tuned.

I'm no longer comfortable saying they stink or penciling in a win.

6. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

... a threat to be in the basement of the AFC South again?

7. Their D isn't that young. Their OLBs have both played for 4 years or more. Their #2 CB has been around for 5 years. Their safeties are both still on their rookie contracts (3rd and 4th years), but they also aren't particularly good, either...

He has 6 career TDs and 6 career INTs in 3 seasons. That's what you call proven? He's a much hyped backup. But he has proven nothing in terms of actually playing...

No doubt he's an improvement over what they had, but he's not going to carry this team.

I don't believe it should take a year to implement a new blocking scheme, especially since they were using zone blocking the last season under Capers.

They still stink. But hey... we ain't that good either...

8. Riverman

Proof will be in the pudding. We'll see. I'll bet they don't get swept by Colts or Jags (but hopefully us.)

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

people in bamboo houses shouldnt throw pandas

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

they didnt get swept by either team last year, so how is it improvement?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar