Post-Game Thread Texans 57, Titans 14

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Maker_84, Oct 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MariGOATa

MariGOATa Starter

He had huge games in those 8 games when he took over for Manning. Big wins too.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

If you say so.

Two multi-touchdown games out of 8 doesn't scream Hall of Famer to me.

He threw an interception in five of his games.

3. MariGOATa

MariGOATa Starter

Osweiler beat NE and CIN (the #2 and #3 seeds in the AFC -- both 12-win teams) to give DEN home-field advantage.

So Osweiler's 2 game-winning drive against Cincinnati Week 16 (one resulted in a McManus shank), a game that had HUGE playoff ramifications, and his two 300 yard games (ok one was 296) the previous two weeks meant nothing?

4. Fry

The Denver Broncos beat the New England Patriots and Cincinnati Bengals. As much as we like to throw the stat around, starting quarterbacks are not starting pitchers.

Brock Osweiler threw a combined 2 touchdowns and 1 interception in those games. He had a combined QB rating of 86.4.

The 170+ rushing yards and 3 touchdowns by CJ Anderson and Ronnie Hillman had way more to do with the victory against New England. As a matter of fact, Anderson broke a 48-yard TD run in OT to win.

AJ McCarron made the second start of his career for Cincinnati.

It's ok. Just admit that you were wrong.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. MariGOATa

MariGOATa Starter

LoL? You are completetly wrong.

Osweiler had 2 game-winning drive against Cincinnati Week 16 had alot to do with their win.

Its okay, you can go rewatch the game instead of pulling stats to try to cover your false statement

6. Fry

So he pulled out a game-winning drive against a team starting a QB with one start under his belt.

That makes him look like a Hall of Famer?

You have a very low threshold for the Hall of Fame. No wonder you think Mariota is the GOAT.

edit:

It wasn't even a game-winning drive. They kicked a FG to begin OT and then McCarron fumbled on Cincinnati's possession. A true team win, just like I said in a previous post.

7. MariGOATa

MariGOATa Starter

Compare to 2015 Manning? Yes he was, I know thats not saying much beacause Manning was the worst starting QB that year. Go look at the last winning drives he had and tell me he wasnt the reason why Denver have field advange. He was serviceable in his 7 career starts (going 5-2 and leading two fourth quarter comebacks). With that small sample size he was off to a great start into his career. Samething could be said about Watson, well not really since Watson shredded one if not the worst passing defense in the league.

So the “its ok you could admit your wrong” applies to you Fry not me.

8. Fry

That's not at all what you argued.

IT'S WHAT I ARGUED.
    How do you like your crow?

9. MariGOATa

MariGOATa Starter

So beating two top AFC teams and having two huge last drive within in his 9 games in his career isnt off to a great start? Thats news to me

You SAID I was wrong and you said he wasnt the reason why they won, you argued two different things as well.

Take the L and move on. Next time watch the game instead of trying to pull up stats to cover your dirt.

10. Fry

You were wrong. He was not the reason they won. He was a cog on a great team. Just like you eventually said and I said all along.

I'm glad I could help you work that out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar