Post-Game Thread Texans 57, Titans 14

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Maker_84, Oct 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I watched this joke of a game for about 3 quarters, then put it on my phone app while I went for a walk (too pissed to keep watching). I agree with those who put this on coaching. How we can show up for a division rival game and get shredded like that is just inexcusable.

Said it before, and will keep saying it....this team is being held back by mediocre coaching. We may bust through the next 5 games against some very bad competition, but we will continue to be like this (inconsistent and mediocre) until we make a coaching move IMO. As I have said before, I just hope we cut this cord before our talent passes their prime here.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. iQon

iQon Starter

Well, there goes my confidence in this team.

3. Tungtide

Tungtide Just Another Freak

Yesterday was ugly. Damn ugly. One of the worst losses in this franchise's history. Every player, coach or executive part of this process needs to take ownership in that. In the bigger picture, they have to figure out what they want to be - their identity changes from week to week. For the fan, it's worse because they show enough life along the way give hints of what they could be. If they just plain out sucked it would be easy to turn off the TV, skip the merch and skip the trip to the stadium. That's that. However, they have a lot of talent, and when the game plan works and they are focused they can be good. Real good. Win over the "experts" good. It's too easy to blame the coaches- yes they have a responsibility to make sure the team is ready to play, but they aren't on the field, and no matter how well they try to light a fire with these guys the coaches aren't playing in the game. To hear Mularkey tell it this is a great locker room, but is it an accountable locker room? Do they know that their poor performance can lead to someone else losing their job, or perhaps their coaches or fellow teammates? Or maybe someone getting injured? (See post about Mariota being injury prone). They are Jekyll & Hyde- maybe that's Robinson's fault for putting too much emphasis on the offense and not building the defense like the rest of our division. The preseason results came crashing back yesterday though, and if these guys are to sniff anything close to their potential they are going to need a sense of accountability, first to each other, then to the coaches, owners and fans. Leadership starts with owning this and then making sure it NEVER happens again. No excuses, period.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Sadly, I would not rank it as one of the worst losses in franchise history

• LOL LOL x 2
  5. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

One of the most embarrassing losses, but not one of the worse. A week 4 game in no way can be one of the worse losses a franchise endures.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. 10ACTyrant

10ACTyrant Starter

Ehh... sure felt like one of the biggest losses in history. We should have progressed to a point where this wasn't possible, regardless of the QB situation.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. RTH

RTH Meh...

Not one of the worst. One of the most embarrassing, though. To lose so badly to a rival...

8. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Worst is that Bills playoff game, nothing else comes close

Oddly enough, the best was also a Bills playoff game

[​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  9. 10ACTyrant

10ACTyrant Starter

We can win every game from here on out and I will be convinced we get bounced by double digits in the first playoff game.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Mularkey get fired yet?

• LOL LOL x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar