Post-Game Thread Texans 34-Titans 17

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Nov 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

- O-Line is still playing terrible but MM is to blame too for some of those sacks, for someone supposedly so athletic, he’s terrible at avoiding sacks and looks very stiff in the pocket.

- Derrick Henry has finally been playing like someone 250 lbs, give him the ball.

2. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

He should be able to adjust the offense to the defense. Apparently, he can't do that.

3. meekmode

meekmode Starter

Yeah maybe we should have ran here.... wait we have Derrick Henry and a **** line that can’t stop a 3 man rush. mind blowing.

4. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Simply abysmal....We are in shambles man. Zero identity, zero heart, no line, no run game, atrocious play calling.....It ain’t looking too pretty fellas!

• High Five High Five x 3
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  5. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

i would be ok with not having an offensive coordinator one game

surely it can't be any worse

plus mariota seems pretty decent in hurry up when he's not waiting on the geniuses to call something

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

But at least we got Pees back, I mean there’s no way we could win without our defensive signal caller like last week, right?

7. Tuckfro42

Not sure what you are getting at. Henry has a 5 yard average. Mariota can’t tell which way the blitz is coming from.

8. Tuckfro42

Really? It’d be a lot worse. Mariota can’t recognize a defense.

9. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

Everyone's missing the elephant in the room. Are we really going to pay Marcus $20m+/yr next year? If we do, how are we going to afford to pay the guys he needs around him? If not, we need to just cut ties and move on sooner than later.

I like him, always have. I think he could have been great. Instead he's been through 3 coaching staffs, has a girl scout troop for an OL, and has been reduced into a check down Charlie. He's been ruined. He sees the rush, won't push the ball down field, is just playing scared in general.

Sure his stats looked amazing tonight, but they lie. He took too many sacks, held on to the ball too long, didn't trust his reads, and just didn't make plays in crucial sitations. The new NFL isn't for guys like that. It's for guys who aren't scare to make throws and forget the picks they throw.

The rules reward player's who take chances and throw into coverage and let their WR go get it. Marcus refuses to do that. Sure we haven't had players to help him, but do we really think that tieing all our money in him is going to help that? I just don't see how this story ends with him on the team after 2019.

10. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Pro Bowler

Lol people blaming Mariota for the loss? Defense was atrocious tonight, they ran all over us. Play calling was so robiskie!

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar