Post-Game Thread Texans 34-Titans 17

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Nov 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Football stats have absolutely ZERO value outside of giving talking heads something to flap about and fill airtime.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. wrench248

wrench248 Pro Bowler

3 years 24 mil from jflub

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

He pushed the guy out of Mariota's path. There is no reason that he should have run into that sack. You guys seriously need to learn how to watch football. Jon nu WIDE open.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
  4. Whitters21

Whitters21 Starter

Fair point. However, he did inherit some good pieces and lots of draft capital which hasn't translated to much. We have regressed this year and his decisions at iOL / WR have been glaring and unaddressed. The defense is still misfiring. There just seems to be more questions than answers all over the field. Like I say he'll be fine this year but if next year is a mess too I imagine things will heat up.

5. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

We do not see the same thing at all.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 5
  6. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

Kline's guy didn't get close to Mariota, and he escaped from imaginary pressure and tripped over Conklin. Which means that the sack was on the QB. Especially since he had a guy wide open to his right.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  7. meekmode

meekmode Starter

Should he always expect his lineman to get tossed 4 yards back like a child when he steps up or no? Should he teleport backwards when his line gets ragdolled? Any qb with a decent line there can step up and throw exactly like he tried to do.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 7
  8. Tewa Titan

Tewa Titan Starter

All I see is this oline getting beat week in week out. It's funny to start the game we ran 2 tight end sets just to help these pathetic losers block and it helped. Guess it's back to malarkey ball.

9. titanfanatic

titanfanatic I Piss Excellence Staff

Kline didn’t push anyone out of the way, he got blown off the ball with a swim move and then basically tried to hold the guy. 3 man rush with 5 blockers and the pocket collapsed in 2 seconds out of shotgun, I don’t give a damn who was open that shouldn’t happen. I’ve watched plenty of football and know the game, I don’t need to be educated.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

You guys can neg rate me all you want, but Mariota can not read a defense. He can't call out protection. This is the main reason he gets hit so much. He can't move past his 2nd progression. This is why he looks great on his first or second read, but looks like crap after that. I think LaFleur is hamstrung by Mariota's deficiencies. Maybe, he can learn. However, after 4 years, you'd think he would be able to diagnose a defense. (BTW, Mariota isn't the only reason we lost tonight, he just sucks at playing QB).

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar