Post-Game Thread Texans 34-Titans 17

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Nov 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SenorMariota

SenorMariota Rookie

It's totally unfair that QBs have more time in the pocket to throw the ball than Mariota. It makes all the difference in the world. Two seconds is not gonna cut it. Short passes were the only throws he had time for. Receivers can be open all they want but Mariota can't get the ball to them. Yet we're gonna blame Mariota for why there are not two tight ends or two fullbacks in the game to help block linemen. Or why he doesn't change the play and place a couple of the five receivers in the slot to block. However receivers are there to run routes. tight ends and fullbacks are thete to block. What are you going to do when there are no fullbacks or tight ends in the game? Don't you think that Mariota is a little hamstrung by Lefleur's inefficiencies?

Brees gets three seconds every time and then the ball is out of his hand. Mariota can't do anything with an offensive line like this. You can't be running for your life after two seconds, that is like having no offensive line at all. Man, if you know football you would know this. So tell me, how can Mariota find the time to read the defense when it's converging on him! Maybe Lafleur should teach him how to walk on the shoulder pads of defensive linemen because that's where we're at.

Yeah, this has nothing to do with Mariota. Plus, how can you be satisfied with this Godawful running game which has virtually turned our passing attack into a predictable blitz krieg? There are no holes to run thru and unless the OC is blind, deaf and dumb whyiis he not reading the defense and adjusting? Does he know how to do that?

From day one the OC was a step down from what the Titans had last year. I simply don't know what you would call this but it's something out of a preschooler play book.

#111 SenorMariota, Nov 27, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
    • High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

he's still doing good he just doesnt get home and get sacks, he had quite a few pressures this week

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Last night I heard Witten keep pushing Hopkins’s nickname, Nuk like that was a known name. That was like the 10th game against tennesse and I never once heard him called that. I’ve watched plenty more Texans games (just sometimes the local game) and also never heard that name before.

Am I the only one that never heard it before last night?

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

That's a Joe Tessatore thing, he always tries to use a catch on nickname and overdo it.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Oh he tried a lot last night. Even when Hopkins had nothing to do with the play.

6. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

Yea, he’s cooked

7. SenorMariota

SenorMariota Rookie

The season is officially over. It's too late to make the playoffs. This is a below 500 team. The question now is will Mariota ask to be traded? Will the Titans admit that they failed him? How disappointed are they to have fired Mularki and set sail in the wrong direction? It's not a good feeling to take a step forward only to take two steps back. What fantastic move is in store for next year?

Well one thing is for sure, this year has been wasted but at least we still have Mariota to make us proud, that is for the time being, knock on wood.

#117 SenorMariota, Nov 28, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
    • Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 1
    • Boring Boring x 1
  8. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

Part of me hopes they trade him just so you go away. Seriously, guy can't even spell the guy who was head coach nine months ago's name, and thinks anyone cares about his opinion of the Titans.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I re-watched the game last night....LaFleur drew up some really nice plays against the Texans....the reverse to Davis and the TD throw to Smith....we script the first few drives and we moved the ball well. The game was closer than the final outcome....we got no breaks in the game....we strip the ball on a return and the Texans recover it...we strip it from Watson and we recover, but call goes against us... a few plays turned the game.... Our LBers played horribly....I think the threat of Watson running made them lose their eyes to the RB. I expect them to play much better this week.

10. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

Someone posted this awhile back but Mariota is holding the ball around 4.7 seconds or something like that on average.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar