Post-Game Thread Texans 27, Titans 20

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Oct 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

This division isn't exactly filled with high powered teams. A losing record might win it.

2. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

Wtf lol wow y'all needs just let this go these Texan idiots murdering y'all into terrible statements

• LOL LOL x 1
  3. JiminyBillyBob

JiminyBillyBob Pro Bowler

He has more than enough arm strength. i do not believe that is the reason for his struggles. Arm strength is probably the most overrated trait for a QB. Mettenberger was able to knock receivers out of their socks when he threw a pass. How did that work out for him?

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  4. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Starter

The Home game was not mentioned as to the reason Hoyer played poorly. Hoyer plays poorly against good defenses.

It just sucked seeing that at home.

I can see how that would be "acceptable" for a Titans fan as you haven't been close to winning the division or a home game in so long. But that was our third play off trip in five years.

5. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Starter

I check in ever two or three weeks. I rarely post in anything that's not Texans related.

6. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

yep. Graduated highschool 1990

7. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Another dig on a bad team. Was never the argument. "Acceptable" must be something you are seeing from the outside somehow. If you pop up every couple weeks, I'm sure you've seen the very unsatisfied fan base. Nothing the Titans have done in the last almost 10 years has been acceptable.

You stated your case and actually said one thing that I do agree with. You somewhat agreed that Osweiler was overpaid for. Hoyer being better, the response was more of a shoulder shrug. That I can accept. Neither are exactly top 10 QB's but it would have made more sense to me, for Houston to keep Hoyer, who played better, build up the team chemistry rather than start with a new QB again, and maybe spend some of that extra cash not spent on Osweiler to maybe boost the OL to help from going through 8 QBs or however many it's been over the last couple years.

8. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Starter

I don't somewhat agree we overpaid Osweiler. I whole heartedly agree.

As far as better. I don't know if you're stat guy, but that's the only place Hoyer outplayed Osweiler.

If we were playing a game with a decent defense, we had no chance of winning with Brian Hoyer. None. He's a "take what the defense gives you" QB & good defenses don't give you much, especially when it counts.

He'll play a good game against the bad teams in the league, but he starts turning the ball over when he's playing the good teams. We were 4-5 with Hoyer as our starter. Mallett won a game, Yates won two games, Weeden won a game. Keenum won two games.

Beating the Jets, Bengals, & Colts won the division. We'd have lost those games with Hoyer. He'd have lost the game we just played, because your defense brung it this year.

9. titanchamps

titanchamps Starter

I just remembered something early in the Texans game that bothered me. After Texans raced down the field for a td on their first drive, Titans get the ball. We end up with a 4th and short 1 to go, if I'm remembering right. In that situation, after they start off hot and the Titan-hatin' crowd is in full roar, shouldn't Titans have remembered they are the Exotic Smashmouth team, and used Henry, Murray, Mariota and Fowler to pick up less than a yard? Of course, Houston ripped right down the field again after the punt for another td.

10. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

You obviously didn't have enough weed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar