Post-Game Thread Texans 24- Titans 21

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanfanatic, Dec 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I feared the kicking game was gonna bite us in the butt and it did. JRob is accountable for the roster....our kicking issues are on him. Please just IR Succop and bring in Parkey.

I hope that the Titans can see that in the redzone the Chiefs and the Colts and now the Texans have run the exact same play to beat Logan Ryan for a TD....they put their fastest guy in the slot and run him on an angle to the far endzone while clearing out that area and Ryan just can't hang.....get this fixed or Brees will be doing the same thing next Sunday.

I re-watched the whole game and not a single time did we bring more than 4 guys on the rush....did some zone blitz scheme stuff a little but still only 4 guys...it was obvious that we didn't want Watson to beat us with his legs, but next time we better make him a little more uncomfortable in the pocket.

Tough loss, but season is not over.

I think the Texans are set up for a trap game...going to Tampa to play early on Saturday....if good JW shows up it wouldn't surprise me if the Bucs pull off the win

Steelers going to the Jets who have won 3 in a row at home...no gimme for the Steelers

TitanUp!!!!!

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

On that Firkser INT, I had flashbacks to the Ravens game in 2000 when the Titans would be moving up and down the field but one fluky defensive play flips momentum.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. Whitters21

Whitters21 Starter

Obviously still put out by the result yesterday but the Bill's victory was absolutely huge for us. Need to take care of our own business but plenty of believable scenarios out there if we do.

4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Exactly. It was a really good hit by Mercilus and it happened to bounce right into their other guys arms.

I hope nobody is down too hard on Firkser. The guy has made plays for us and will keep making plays if given the chances. My son was railing- RAILING me as we were leaving the game 'cause he knows Firkser is one of my favorite players. He had some stupid hate going on for him.

5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

and to be fair- the Texans were moving the ball on us easily. Our D got two key goal to go turnovers denying them 14 points.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  6. titanfanatic

titanfanatic I Piss Excellence Staff

It was a bang bang play. You hate to see it happen but it sure does feel like when it gets to these games that the Titans need to win this stuff happens. Frustrating as hell.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

that 'tackling to hard' penalty on the cows was why I am starting to hate the NFL

puzzified :bs: like that is hard to watch

meaningless to final results IMO but still if that hit draws a penalty then just have them play sarcastaball instead

• LOL LOL x 1
  8. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Relatively inconsequential penalty but also a make up for the horrible “false start” called early in the game.

They ran the entire play, threw a flag way late, and for whatever reason didn’t make the game ugh they call about it being offsides.

9. WhoopsTitans

WhoopsTitans Camp Fodder

Great defensive effort

Two takeaways in the redzone kept us in it. The failure to score in the first half is never good.

The offense jellied in the 2nd half but couldn't get a FD when it counted. We got to play at a different level of intensity and find a consistent way to win. Tannehill's got to make it happen.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. JackLordsHair

JackLordsHair Special Teams Standout

Just rewatching the game now on NFL Network and that’s exactly what that play was like, we were really gathering momentum about score and BOOM everything changes in a heartbeat... still bummed as I think we win that we are in the playoffs now have to hope a bunch of things break our way (on top of winning the last two games ideally) ughhhhh !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar