Terry Robiskie explains Titans condensed formations.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by PRAY IV M3RCY, Sep 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sirjesse

sirjesse Starter

Condensed formations? Do we got to add half a can of water and stir before we can run it?

• High Five High Five x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  2. brian82

brian82 Rookie

unless someone can pull an all out and out WR from their arse, this is the way the titans will be playing this season. The situation the titans are in for targets this season small gains which equate to 1st downs and TDs I will take all day long.

3. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Or call offensive plays for your NFL team.

• LOL LOL x 2
  4. murrykline

murrykline Starter

If you spread it out, you give the WRs room to work, or MM room to run if needed. Maybe pop aRB for a run.

Only using 18 yds of field instead of 50+ makes it too easy for the D.

But did you expect anything else ? Seriously, when we had a chance to make a franchise making decision at HC and we say... **** it, we are going with Mike Mukarky....C,Mon

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. brian82

brian82 Rookie

OL was the main issue last season as MM was constantly pressured, that has been addressed and MM has more time on the ball now. Sharpe was brought in and has made a instant impact to the WRs we have had in the past. 2x RBs have been brought in and the running game has improved. We still have walker at TE so that position is strong as well, apart from a Devine intervention I don't personally understand what people want, we have come off a 3-13 season and 5 wins in 2 seasons, the teams we have faced up to now have more wins last season than we have in the past 2.

• WTF?! WTF?! x 1
  6. titanchamps

titanchamps Starter

I want success for the Titans. I saw some special things from Marcus last year. While I'm not an especially knowledgeable football fan, I'm starting to believe that this year's model of the offense wasn't designed with Marcus' considerable skills as the basis. If we are still struggling to move and score by midseason, I expect further shakeup by Mularkey.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

Unfortunately, many of those special things were turnovers from INT's. MM could throw the short stuff, but had a very hard time with middle and long. While he doesn't look very good right now, I believe he would have been decimated had he continued to play like he did last year. DC's would have had him figured out pretty fast. So we get a running game to take pressure off of him. To do that we have to change the offense. I believe they are trying to settle him down, and it's not comfortable for him right now. He finally hit a 30 yarder this week, so that's something. Last year when he threw one of those it was picked. Let it grow.

#37 GrayGhost1951, Oct 3, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2016
  8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

WTF!!!!

9. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Sounds like bull**** eh? Lol

12 yards outside the numbers on both sides. 53 yards wide total. We condense everything inside 29 yards. And nothing longer than 20 deep. Add in the under center prominence with Mariotas hesitation and bad timing and we wonder why every pass is combatted....

10. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

With Murray running wild and Henry doing well I don't follow why teams aren't biting on play action as much.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar