Terrible day for Terrible Towels in Nashville

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Dec 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

You're absolutely right 10EC. Nobody can tell you what to do with your tickets. But as a fan, I can't be happy with seeing so many opposing fans in the Titans' Stadium. That's what it boils down to with me. Everbody doesn't have to get bent so out of shape. I'm just saying I think it sucks when people (brokers or not) sell tickets to opposing fans. I'll be damned if someone tells me what I can and cannot do with my opinions.

I'm not telling anyone that they can't do this, and honestly, I didn't expect to raise such a stink with this.

And to BP, you're one of my favorite guys on here.

I love it that the Titans games sell out every Sunday, and I would honestly hate it if the Nashville area was blacked out from the game, but that doesn't mean I have to be happy about people selling their tickets to Steeler fans. And the "selling out" is not much more than a PR tactic from the franchise, in my opinion, because there's rarely a full stadium, even though all the seats are paid for, and that's the worst thing about it.

If they were Browns, Broncos, or whatever, it's not as big of a deal, but I've seen first hand (Steelers v. Colts Playoff) what Steelers fans do to the home crowds... They shut them up. The normally loud RCA dome Colts fans were as quiet as church mice that day.

Does it not bother anyone else?? I know it's a free market, people can buy and sell as they please, but many people have no pride in their team, is the impression I get.
    (once again, NOT speaking on GoTitans people)

I know I haven't been to as many games as a lot of people here (I try to go to 1-2 home games each year, always the Texans game, and I've been to every Titans game at the Colts home stadiums) but I still can see what's going on. No need to tell me to shut up.
    It's a difference of opinion, and that's fine with me, we can call it case closed as far as I'm concerned.

Long story short: I still love all you guys.

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I suggest if you are so upset about seeing rival fans in the stadium, get a second job and buy season tickets. Buy extra and sell them to Titans fans only.

Bipolar, you are on a roll this thread and I've really enjoyed your point of view on the subject here. I'd much rather see 30% visitors in our stadium than a blackout. I'm proud that visiting fans probably ENJOY their visit to Nashville as much as any other city for football.

Why?!? What's the purpose of that?

I mean, I understand fun heckling. I understand if you act like an ******* to an opposing fan that is likewise being an *******.

But I heckled several steelers fans where I sat, all in good nature and fun, and they were all super cool. I was extremely surprised, when I was walking in the stadium I had a feeling it could be a not-so-polite rowdy crowd. But my impression of Steelers fans Sunday was extremely positive and fun in nature.

But I don't see any purpose in being an over-the-top ******* for no reason to opposing fans.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

The people that are selling their tix are not exclusively selling them to opposing teams fans. Your real gripe is with the Nashville market and their lack of desire to purchase the tickets from those folks selling them.

BP makes an excellent point that the brokers you are blasting are actually supporting the local market w/ a free viewing of the game.

It does bite when you have opposing fans sitting around you, giving you shizz AT YOUR OWN STADIUM. I fault the the Titans fans for not wanting to be at the game enough to have purchased those tickets at that price.

You really do have to respect the draw the Steelers have to get the fans to other stadiums. I've travelled to New Orleans to watch the last years MNF- we brought maybe 2,000 fans (players' family included).

4. nickmsmith

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. nickmsmith

good post. Okay, I blame the fans then. Either way, it's extremely annoying to see all that yellow. thanks for the reasonable response, instead of telling me to shut up.

6. nickmsmith

You're being a facetious turd.

Good Idea, I'll stop 3, maybe four opposing fans from coming to the game.. That'll make a difference. Better yet, I'll get 1,000 jobs, and be able to make a dent.

I don't understand why people take this so personally, when it's an across-the-board problem at LP field, not that it's only a problem here, and it's not one person's fault, but a lack of caring in general from Titans "fans."

Anyways, I'm sick of being negative, and this is the only thing that bothers me, almost at all, with the Titans organization. So I'm done talking about it. It's been a great season. I've spoken my mind enough for one day.
    There are my two cents.

7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Dude I even gave you positive rep for the funny response originally.

But seriously, how can you sit there "high and mighty" and ***** about Titans fans when you are a Tennessean that doesn't go to the games???

"WAAAAH I'm pissed off to see so many visitors... but uh yeah, I mean I'm not going to the game"

take some advice from BP and stfu.

edit: my mistake, I see your location says Southern Indiana. I do respect and appreciate anyone that makes a trek to nashville for some games. More understandable that you wouldn't make it to all of the games.

Still, stfu.

8. nickmsmith

What makes you think I'm a Tennesseean??? I'm in Indiana.

And I can't go to games that often. I'm at church Sundays by 7am, and a decent distance away from Nashville. And, as I mentioned earlier, I'm still in college, and I couldn't afford PSLs if I tried.. so maybe you shouldn't bash people because they can't come to games all the time. does that make me any less of a fan? No. I'm one of the not many Titans fans in my area. (Colts Country)
    and does that take away my right to not be happy about something if I feel strongly about it? Nope.

You're rude.

There we go, That will be all, I'll stop responding, before I make some more people angry for whatever reason. Peace.

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

they have something we don't have. numbers. there are more of them. we are the panzer to their sherman in terms of fan market presence strength. we are the hard-core's. we know how the soft-core are. We do alright. We are trying to re-build a heritage for the next generation. I'm not going to be too hard on a middle aged man who got a nfl team in his hometown out of the blue and decided to tell Atlanta to **** off and really start paying attention to the newly acquired home state franchise. I of course was 20 or so when the Titans were being introduced so I just drank the kool-aid but converting football fans isn't easy business. Nashville is what it is. It's not an Atlanta-sized market either. As hard-core fans we need to be happy the tickets were sold. These Steeler fans have more birth-rights...

now there was something you mentioned in your post that opens up a question in my mind. The RCA dome, the Colts fans were quiet? Was it because Steeler fans were being total ***** a-hole's or were there just a bunch of them from all over and they were just nice folks most of whom wore yellow and black? Because if they were disruptive like this guy:

[​IMG]

you might have a problem. Just imagine a thousand of these dudes in a football stadium.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. nickmsmith

[​IMG]

you might have a problem. Just imagine a thousand of these dudes in a football stadium.

haha. thanks for the change of topic dude.
    Not too many Mad Maxes. Most of them were nice enough people, but there were so many of them, the fans were outright intimidated. The towels really seriously do something to opposing fans, they let everyone know exactly where they are, and that they are as hardcore as anybody, basically.

While the game was basically neck-and-neck, the Steelers fan base was loud as hell, the Colts fans were crap. And the RCA dome in a big game was usually the loudest thing I have ever heard, more than any metal concert I've been to...Anything. Literally deafening. They are going to miss that.

Taking away homefield is a huge thing for teams. Nick Harper said that he wondered whose home field it was Sunday. If that isn't a challenge to Titans fans, I don't know what is.

Thanks again BP

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar