Terrible day for Terrible Towels in Nashville

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Dec 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

<p><em>Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky</em></p> <p>NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- There were too many Terrible Towels being waved in prime real estate at LP Field for some of the Titans' liking.</p> <p>"When we came off from warm-ups, I looked around and was like, 'Who's stadium is this?'" cornerback <a href="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=2890" shape="rect" target="_new">Nick Harper</a> said. "They do that everywhere they go. When I was in Indy, they did the same thing. It's unbelievable. I don't know how they infiltrate and get the best seats in your stadium, but they find a way to get them... When our offense kept pounding it out in the fourth quarter, kept getting those first downs, they put those towels away."</p> <p>Linebacker <a href="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=2161" shape="rect" target="_new">Keith Bulluck</a> got a hold of one near the end of the game and ceremonially and symbolically stomped it, consequences down the road be damned.</p> <p>"Anybody that's going to come through here in the playoffs, we plan to stomp them out," he said. "That's our plan."</p> <p>Later Bulluck said he thinks Steelers fans snatched up the tickets before the season even started, plotting to be in the building well before anyone knew it would be a battle for the No. l seed in the AFC side of the playoff bracket.</p> <p>The scene was a new one for rookie running back <a href="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=11258" shape="rect" target="_new">Chris Johnson</a>, who scored the go-ahead touchdown that began the retreat of the towel wavers. Near the end he did some towel waving of his own.</p> <p>"They'd been waving their towels all day, so it was our turn to wave some towels," he said. "Yeah, there were too many, there was a lot out there. I wanted to give them a taste of their own blood."</p>

More...

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I thought it was a pretty awesome day...but that's just me.

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

hey PK a lot, and I mean a lot, of PSL holders are ticket brokers. Those guys are capatialist and they will sell to whoever throws the $$$ at them.

Oh and pittsburgH SUCKS!

4. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Yeah. not enough REAL FANS in Tennessee and around surrounding areas. I sincerely hate fair weather fans, and I hate it when people jump on our bandwagon when things start going right. I work in NW Kentucky, and one guy wears his Kearse Jersey ONLY if the Titans win. If not, he just has some remark on how they blew it.

Unfortunately, this guy is the norm for Titans fans. I know I'm preaching to the choir, but it's really bad. I saw the Colts v. Steelers game in the playoffs the year they won... Steelers fans were louder than the normally deafening crowds at the RCA dome (RIP)

I don't care much for college football, but at least they have legitimate fans, many NFL PSL owners just want to make a buck.

5. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I've been with the Titans since 1999. I'll follow them forever. I think if the Steelers come through Nashville again, LP Field needs to hand out two tone blue towels to every fan. That would be insane.

6. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

If tools would stop selling their tickets to opposing fans, we wouldn't have this problem.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

It's not just here, fans sell their tickets everywhere, and the Steelers, Cowboys, Packers have fans all over. I thought the Titan fans that were there today were great, we never relinquished our home field advantage...

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

[​IMG]

:woot:

9. Titanville

Titanville Need New Coach

I'll have to apologize as I am one of those that sold my tickets to this weeks game. I had to in order to pay for my playoff tickets which are more important to me than this one game. I really wanted to be there, but coming up with the money for the playoff tickets at Christmas time was going to be very hard. I hope the people in the 'boro that bought them were Titan fans though.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

This is precisely the reason we are born with two kidneys.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar