Terrelle Pryor...what pick would you use for him?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by RollTide, Jun 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

2 of his worst games this year(Ill, Miami) his passing rating was in the 120s and he also ran for over 100 yards. If that's terrible then you need to have a talk with Jake Locker because his rating for the whole year was in the 120s. I guess you could go back to when he was a true freshman but that's not fair.

Did Pryor have any games this year similar to the ones Locker had against Nebraska? Any 5-16 or 4-20 games this year for a guy with such horrible accuracy?

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

all those college QBs who wait till the WR is running free before throwing the rock have a huge learning curve comming into the NFL. Gayton got it VY didn't. In the NFL there are windows of oppertunity and a QB has to ANTICIPATE 1-2 seconds ahead of when he releases. That is why QBs are supposed to have a progression. Look at SE covered look at FL covered look for TE underneath covered look for RB dump it too CJ and watch him bat it down... it is a blown coverage that allows a guy to actually get open in the NFL and QBs who wait for those are much less effective than less 'talented' QBs who can read their progressions.

3. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Pryor had the benefit of a great team around him and still looked average at best, Locker didn't have a good team, his team was actually really awful. Don't look at stats, just watch him play. He got away with a lot of stuff and wasn't able to take over games like Newton did. And no this isn't sour grapes because he screwed over our program, I thought all this before the tattoo stuff came out. I had said he'd need a huge senior season and make a big step forward to be a first round pick, now he'll never get the chance.

As for the character issues. Obviously rules don't mean anything to him as he had no problem scoffing at them in college as he just flaunted his cars in front of everyone. Imagine what he'll do with hundreds of thousands of dollars. Do the words, "Altercation at a night club" mean anything to you? And yes he does go to night clubs a friend of mine took a picture with him at one.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

.....i think i'll go with the buckeye fan on this one:cool:

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

So you are one of those guys who can't understand the relative nature of the argument. Pryor who is not worth any pick as far as many here are concerned vs a guy who was the #8 pick. Seems to me it's Locker who should get the less slack and the most scrutiny.

I wouldn't call a 157 passing rating with over 700 yards rushing average. In what league is that average?

Locker had 2 good Rbs and a good Wr. Polk had better numbers than Herron did. The buckeyes had the better o-line no question about it but Washington's 2 top Rbs combined for 1848 yards and a 5.5 average so his line couldn't have been that damn bad.

You make excuses for a guy who was the #8 pick and will make $8M a year. What is wrong with that picture?

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I bet he likes to get laid also. Lock him up now without due process he is a threat to society! In fact night clubs should be banned!

Maybe his own selfish impulses will prevent him from self destructive behavior. He likes fancy cars and hot women but there is only one ticket to getting those and that is the nfl.

7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Awww poor RollTide getting his feelings hurt.

Do not want Terrelle Pryor. Go forward with unknown Vet/Locker/Rusty and see what happens. There will be other options next year for QB if Locker is a total bust.

8. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Maybe, you should hire one to be your ghost-writer then. Maybe, you already have... with your irrational temper-tantrums and reading comprehension problems.

I know it's hard not to lump every single poster who disagrees with you into the same faceless adversary, but try distinguishing between arguments, please. Your response to my listing the "crimes" committed by Pryor included a childish hyperbolic retort (something you seem to wedge in to every one of your arguments) and a bunch of stuff that had no relevance to anything I said or believe.

The fact that Pryor so blatantly disregards rules and committed crimes against the NCAA and his school (and even theft if some reports are true) shows his complete lack of character. I don't give two farts about his ability if the guy doesn't own some integrity. He's a QB. He's supposed to be the team leader. Based on his character traits, I'd hesitate to use a 7th round pick on him if he were a DE.

And, for the record, I think the Locker pick was a poor one. From what I've seen, the guy will never be an NFL QB. Of course, I don't know if there were any pro QBs in this year's draft. But, we definitely messed up by using our 1st rounder on a guy who doesn't win, makes poor decisions, and can't hit the broad side of a barn.

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

You really do love your stats. Watch him play. The skill set to play in the NFL is not there. It wasn't there with Vince Young. It wasn't there with Eric Crouch. It wasn't there with Akili Smith.

His release and delivery are absolutely awful. His footwork is nonexistent. He doesn't read defenses well at all. He isn't an accurate passer. And most of all he's not a leader or hard worker.

10. NEver asked for you to take me seriously. Just suggested that no one should go that route with you. And by the looks of this thread most feel like I do!

Lol even the frickin OSU homer guy is arguing against your awful point. Poor guy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar