Tennessee Vols 2012

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by XO, Sep 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

DDs man on the sideline was the ST coach.

that whole situation with DD in the booth was just a fustercluck

about the only thing good that happened was that the Vols were competing in the second half against a good team. That is not enough good in my opinion.

I will say if they are gonna dump DD they might as well do it cause the best way too land a star HC is too have the job available for them.

2. XO

XO Nevada Native

That is why you fire him by Halloween and let whoever coach the last four games

3. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

If we land Gruden... I might seriously cry.

I would seriously be happier about that than beating the big 3.

Irrational; maybe. I don't care.

He wouldn't even have to recruit. He could just go golfing in the offseason and have the players call him. It would be like trying to get into an Ivy League school.

"Yeah, you know how those QBs learn so much from me in an hour from those camps?

Yeah... come to Tennessee and get that coaching everyday for 3 years. Right up until you leave to be a top 10 pick because of my Superbowl coaching."

But alas, there is probably a stronger chance we re-hire Fulmer and apologize for firing one of the all-time greats...

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I still don't get Tennesseans' irrational love for Gruden. Is he a good coach? Yeah. Has he ever built a program or developed a young QB? Not really.

5. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

TT you shut the hell up, mention re-hiring Fulmer? What the **** is wrong with you.

6. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

This is a post off of the Vol forums I attend:

He isn't wrong.

Every AD in the country minus one (Bama) wishes they have Gruden coaching I assure you.

Tennessee fans go crazy because they have a (false) sense of hope of actually getting him.

-Former assistant at UT

- Wife former UT cheerleader

-Owns land in TN(lol)

- Hart(AD) will shell out cash for a coach

-Our program has proven talent with terrible coaching/playcalling. The ideal takeover. There is a reason a number of our players have been dancing with top 5 spots on various draft boards.

7. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

He's better than anyone out there that is realistic.. even if he has a .001% chance of coming. The reason why people think he would come here is because of his wife who went to UT.. thought i heard they have a house in Knoxville but I could be wrong.

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

My ex-wife's best friends cousin was screwing someone in the AD who has it on good authority that the job is Gruden's if he wants it and they are negotiating the money it will take.

9. RTH

RTH Meh...

I just don't see Gruden as that great a College Coach.

How is he at recruiting talent..? He seems really good at grooming the talent his team has... but getting it..?

10. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

He was a graduate assistant at UT.

I'm mixed on him as a coach. He won a Super Bowl, but he also lost the team on the Bucs. He was pretty abusive with a lot of players. I can see a lot of transfers and guys going pro early. He has been out of the game for a while, so who knows how he would be now...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar