Tennessee Titans roster cuts, 2017

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by A.D., Sep 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

Don't get why both McBride and Weems were cut, to make room for 7 cornerbacks and 6 Edge rushers.

Considering who knows how ready Davis and Decker will be week 1.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

7 CBs? Wow.. for now though. More moves coming surely.

Surprised by Weems..

3. nbtoppers2

nbtoppers2 Pro Bowler

Yep my bad.

4. nbtoppers2

nbtoppers2 Pro Bowler

Really don't like only 5 WRs and a million linebackers and a million weak CBs.

5. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

"Mularkey said @Titans deep at LB and in secondary for depth and special teams" - Jim Wyatt

Wtf games was this dude watching?

Depth was awful and special teams still is trash and gave up a return for a td last game.

Also, said Kevin Dodd is gonna have to "fight to be active." Are you kidding me? Just cut him and keep someone like Blackson, Woods, or McBride who deserve a roster spot.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. Whitters21

Whitters21 Starter

A couple of minor surprises but nothing really news worthy. We're quite thin at WR in light of injuries and I think we have too much depth 'fodder' on D especially at CB so no doubt the odd move will come from other cuts

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I expect 1 or 2 Corners picked up, maybe a LB.

Also surprised at the numbers at WR, considering we aren't healthy, more 8 man protections lol.

8. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

:bliss:

In all seriousness, I agree that others deserve the spot before Dodd (and Palmer) . But perhaps they and others see the potential in him during practice and don't want to risk him being claimed by another team. Woods, etc. are pretty much run of the mill DTs, but a potentially good pass rusher is valuable on the waiver wire.

It reminds me of the situation with Davante Adams in GB. He was the worst WR I'd ever seen in his second season, and every WR behind him was outplaying him. We heard good things about him in practice and from coaches, but it never translated to the field, and we thought management was trying to save their asses since he was a 2nd round pick. He's younger than Dodd, but his issues were clearly mental and he was playing timid and overcoming injuries, much like him. In year 3, the fans finally saw why they were holding onto him.

I agree that Dodd's play is anything but promising, but there could be a good reason that they are keeping him around, and it will be worth the frustration.

#48 abc2330, Sep 2, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

I never got the Autwaun Woods hype.

10. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Not sure it was hype as much as there being zero separation between a 2nd round pick(Johnson), 16mil man(Sly) and undrafted free agent(Woods).

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar