Tennessee Titans 2017 NFL Draft Grades

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TitanJeff, Apr 29, 2017.

?
  1. A+

10.0%
  2. A

10.0%
  3. A-

15.7%
  4. B+

32.9%
  5. B

20.0%
  6. B-

5.7%
  7. C+

2.9%
  8. C

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. C-

1.4%
  10. D+

1.4%
  11. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

If he is the Nickel, he could be the fulltime guy. But they may also want him on some kick cover teams if he isn't the full time cb starter. Lots of places to play him, just don't want to overwork him and him get hurt due to small frame or pulling a hammy or ankle.

CB first, returner second, nothing else unless it's a big game to get into the playoffs or a playoff game. Also depends on how Weems and maybe Khalfani looks...if they even make the team.

2. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Is he gonna jump ahead of Matthews? He's not gonna get enough targets for that kind of production as the 3rd wr unless we drastically change the offense.

3. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

The question is...is he the next Terrell Owens or not?

Glad you get it. We could really help him out by playing more zone with him (remember the zone blitz DLB seemed to leave in Pitt?) while he develops more in man!

I think if he learns the playbook, you will see him sooner than you think. He probably makes the 3rd TE spot if he knows the plays and plays special teams (special teams play is gonna be the big component for any 3rd level depth chart player). Amaro is a good pass catcher but not a good blocker.

We can't carry a RB who gets 2-5 spans a game unless he's the full time KR and plays on all the special teams units. Then he COULD be available for those 2-5 touches a game on offense. Other wise, likely PS player or camp casualty.

The key to our season!

4. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

I gave us a B-.

We got good players, we got need players, but we also arguably picked almost everyone early. Davis at 5, Adoree at 18, Taylor we moved up for, and Smith.

Knowing we could have given up a 3rd last year instead of a 2nd this year (could have had Zach Cunningham) illustrates a point. JRob would rather give up more value or take people early because he wants 'his' guys. But it's also a lot of value left off our team.

Couple that with our $48mil of cap room we seem to be keeping in the bank instead of on the field...and our roster is a few star players shorter than it could (should?) be.

That's not to say we didn't improve our roster...we did. And we HOPE we finally have a #1 WR and a #1 CB and a CB who might also become a #1 in time! But a few more role players and a few more stars could really have put us over the top!!!

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

Well written I could not agree more!

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

I caution getting too caught up in the value talk.

I'm sure jrob has a much better idea of what players will go where than the talking hairdoos on the draft sites do. Or I do.

I mean these guys talk to people all over the league. We've seen time and again a guy the 'experts' had high fall a round for no apparent reason.

It is a simple matter of getting good players. I like that jrob has a kind of player he seeks, and goes and gets them. That will make us a team, instead of a collection of individuals.

7. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

My point is that Wright came in and was a relatively productive player. I'm thinking Taylor MIGHT be a 30-40 catch guy, if he beats out Sharpe.

8. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

J Rob can't predict who will be taken by the time it's his turn, so he does the safe thing and moves up for someone he really wants. And maybe the reason he didn't spend more money in FA is because "his" guys are the ones who are actually sticking around on other teams, instead of being allowed to walk in FA

9. EnglandTitan66

EnglandTitan66 "The Plump Prince"

Gave it a solid B because I believe that this isn't the whole rebuild for this year and I think JRob will take advantage of other teams cuts to fill those spaces that he hasn't addressed yet with our spare cap cash.

Mariota if he stays fit has a peak three-four year window , so it makes sense to get the O right now , so I understand where JRob is going even if I was hungry for a bigger corner and something / anything noteworthy , to stick in amongst what LB we have.

Its obvious that JRob wants what he wants and I don't have issue with that. Davis at 5 is a fine example.

10. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Lots of people expect him to be the nickel - I don't. They drafted him as an outside cb, if he gets moved to nickel that's a different story.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar