Tendencies and Tells

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Clark, Nov 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Our offense has a lot of these I feel. At least currently. Some due to formation, lack of fusion between run and pass, certain motions... but this takes it to that elite level.

Looking for the simplist, smallest tells, helping a really strong Denver defense be great.

Denver Broncos coaches study tendencies of NFL players | The MMQB with Peter King

Personally I hope we have something going similar to this habit. It mentions it was part of the patriots defense so possibly JRob has had a say in it.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Every team has tells

It can be used in your favor when teams think they've caught on tho.

so to me it's nature of the game to show your hand somewhat at times

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. Clark

It does. Play chess against someone who opens a certain way is sometimes easier than someone who doesn't know how to play and wings it. Harder to read.

Point still remains, it's something we are hopefully investing in, on both sides of the ball

4. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Considering every coach I've talked to, whether from high school/college or international teams, do this I would find it very surprising if there was a single NFL team not doing it.

5. Clark

Well considering it sounded like it was more of a player attribute... I'm not so sure. Ware said he was met with coaches who didn't believe in it.. at the pro level....

6. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Our secondary does it, they find when a QB drops back to pass he's likely to beat us deep.

• LOL LOL x 2
  7. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

Blake to Stafford: I TOLD you it was going over our head. That's our tell.

• LOL LOL x 1
  8. brian82

brian82 Rookie

The amount of experience coaches have as players and coaches, plus the amount of plays they have seen over the years watching and being part of them, reading the game becomes second nature. Even current experienced players and probably Rookies as well can read the game really well as many of them started playing from an early age. So to some extent probably only a couple of plays a game might elude teams and if you could successfully mask all plays games would have a lot higher scoring games.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar