Teams with the most cap room

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by eTitan81, Jan 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

If Haynesworth is only about the money, then he's gone, IMO.

2. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

If he's only about the money, then he won't be any good after this year. He'll get his money and shut down.

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

good points TitanJeff and vslyke and I agree.

Bout' time Titans got a home team discount, lord knows Nedney owed Tennessee one.

4. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

This.

MR will offer Al sick money. If he is serious about liking TN, then he should have no reason to leave. However, it is a given that someone will offer more if he wants to go for it.

On another note: Do we pick Roydell Williams back up in the offseason? I never did hear how his injury settlement against the Titans ended up. If he is back to 100%, then he would be much better than Jmac.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Based on recent history how many home team discounts have there been? Seems to me most players will take all they can get.

If we are a million short what they can or think they can get somewhere else i think he is gone. a million dollars is still a million dollars.

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I doubt AH will simply sit and wait for the offers to come in and then only take the highest. I do think he would consider some home town discount but the question is how much.

7. TitanicDane

TitanicDane Boozer extraordinaire

I'm not sure Albert even knows if he's gonna take the mulah or pick the team that gives him the best chance of getting a ring, before him and his agent are sitting at a desk looking through all the offers from around the league. I don't see any Titans offers, preventing that from happening either.

8. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Haynesworth - who is arguably the best defensive PLAYER in the NFL vs Champ Bailey - who's not even the best CORNERBACK in the NFL?

You MUST be joking! 1 dominant corner doesn't ratchet up the quality of the defense overall. It might help quite a bit on 3rd and long, but does nothing for you against the run nor much when you're in zone coverage unless the QB happens to throw your way. There is a lot of field for the QB to throw to to avoid a Champ Bailey.

A dominant DT changes EVERYTHING. He changes the blocking schemes and even the playcalling. Can have an equal effect against both the run and the pass no matter the down or distance. Even CB's with 13 INT's in a season don't win Defensive MVP.

And just think, did Champ Bailey going to Denver make that D any good? They actually have 2 really good CB's and their defense still is poor!

There is no question who you take between a dominant DT or dominant CB. The dominant DT 10 out of 10 times and twice on Sunday's!!!

Gut

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

By the way, if we beat the Ravens, the Titans should make a big offer to Big Al before the AFC championship game. The more he plays and dominates on the biggest stages, the more money he'll want and get in free agency. He should not be allowed to hit the open market!

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar