Team awards

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gunny, Dec 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

As the season winds down, who do you think gets these awards:

Offense MVP:
    Defense MVP:
    Special Teams MVP:
    Overall MVP:
    Play of the Year:
    Performance of the Year:

My votes:

Offense MVP: Kenny Britt
    Defense MVP: Michael Griffin
    Special Teams MVP: Marc Mariani
    Overall MVP: Kenny Britt (and that's sad considering he missed time).
    Play of the Year: Jason Jones forcing the fumble against the Eagles.
    Performance of the Year: Kenny Britt 225 yards against the Eagles.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I'd only change defensive MVP. Verner is the only guy who didn't screw up monumentally on defense all year.

3. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

I'd say DMVP is JJ.

4. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Offense MVP:Britt
    Defense MVP:Jacob Ford. Seriously overlooked player.Plays both sides of the line,drops back into coverage.Makes plays and plays to the whistle every snap.
    Special Teams MVP:Mariani
    Overall MVP:Britt
    Play of the Year:80yd TD to Britt vs Eagles
    Performance of the Year:Britt 3 TD's 225yds vs Eagles

We have a lot of play makers on Offense but Britt just looks like he could score every time he gets the ball.

We have seen at times good things from Witherspoon and Griffin but they have been inconsistent.Finnegan needs to be moved back to the left.

Jason Jones is a force but Ford stands out for me. The play of players like Jones and Ford is what has enabled Ball and Babin to shine IMO.

We have a lot of talent on the roster but they haven't played well as units so it's tough to pick MVP'S.

Kern and Bironas have been great but Mariani stands out as the rookie from montana. Basically an NFL starter from out of nowhere.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I agree with everything posted here except I give the defensive MVP to Griffin despite the blunders he's had in recent games. He was a key reason for the big start.

6. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I was going to make a list of team awards, but then I decided to quit...

• High Five High Five x 3
  7. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

I'm not going to make the "My vote for Overall MVP is Bud Adams" comment...so don't get your hopes up for that.

8. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I think Babin should be in contention for defensive MVP. Run support wise, the guy isn't that great but you can't ignore the fact that he's been getting to the quarterback.

9. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

If fisher is giving out the awards, it is KFC MVP offense and Donnie Nickey for sprecial teams

10. MAAANDUDE#31

MAAANDUDE#31 Rookie

Yes the guy has been a sack machine this year, but also a penalty machine. He is constantly offsides, or getting personal fouls. A lot of the time it seems to happen at key moments in games, almost like when the real pressure starts he cant handle. I like Babin, but he needs to stop the penalties.

O-Britt-played great despite missing a few weeks.
    D-Griffin- missed some key tackles towards the end of season, but made key tackles and interceptions earlier in season up until last few games.
    Spc-Mariani

I refuse to pick overall because fact is I dont think any truly deserves any awards on this team this year, except maybe Britt who missed time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar