Taywan Taylor (A WR Thread)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CJtheBeast, Jul 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Just read an article on the official Titans site about Taywan Taylor and it got me to thinking that he could possibly be a very good receiver for us. I think we all remember the 2 key drops, but after watching some clips I saw him make those plays at other times in the season. And I forgot how shifty he was on screens and with the ball in his hands. He was about as effective as Adoree on gadget plays.

https://www.titansonline.com/news/t...iver-taywan-taylor-more-opportunities-in-2019

All the hype is around Corey Davis, AJ Brown and Humphries, but could Taylor be a key factor this year on offense?

We're super deep at WR for the first time I can remember, and we have a lot of WR's that can do different things. From sure handed chain movers (Humphries, Sharpe, Walker). To deep threats (Taylor, Davis, Brown). To physical WR's who can high point and make contested catches (Davis, Brown). It'll be interesting how they spread the ball around this year with so many weapons.

Anybody think Taylor could be a guy who sticks and becomes a very valuable WR for us?

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. TheBisco

TheBisco Pro Bowler

3. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Do you all just not want to talk Titans?

• LOL LOL x 1
  4. TheBisco

TheBisco Pro Bowler

I thought you might be interested in 18 pages on this very topic you may have missed.

• LOL LOL x 1
  5. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

anything is possible i guess but i think davis/brown/humphries might be too talented for him to see any real time. at first he will probably out snap brown but i'd expect that to change quick if brown starts having some of the same elusive magic he did in college.

6. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

IDK, I remember hearing the exact same stuff from the team last year about Taylor. Then he did very little during the regular season despite the Titans having little, other than Davis, as receiving threats.

He is only going into his third year, so maybe it could happen. Though I am not too optimistic.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Thanks bro. Hope I didn’t come off harsh.

I like to talk about the Titans even if some stuff is redundant. Hopefully this turns into a good convo and we can also talk about the other WR’s.

I think we kinda overlook him with all the shiny new toys, but Taiwan has some special traits. Could be a great weapon. I think his playing speed is much faster than his 40

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I dont like or hate Taywan, but you're spot on about hearing this before..

At least a good take away is hes being talked up vs not being talked about (talking to you Sharpe)..

9. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I’m thinking more of a role player. After watching some highlights I think he might be a legit deep threat. The way he was running past people stood out to me.

Even in that role he backs off the safeties which could help the run. Plus his screen game is great and he’s depth

10. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

I feel the same way, I do not love or hate him either.

I think his playing speed is definitely better than his 40, he has shown that. Like in that Tampa pre-season game. Though, he needs to be way more consistent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar