Taylor Lewan

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans2004, Feb 22, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I don't know how to set up a poll so I'm just going to list the options....we all know that the OL is a place for us to save cap space....

What do you do with Lewan???

A) Cut him
    B) Don't touch his contract and just let him play it out
    C) Extend his contact by adding a few years to it
    D) Add 2 voidable years to his contract
    F) Trade him for a 2nd rnd pick in 2022 while giving up a 3rd in 2023

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

B

• Cheers Cheers x 2
  3. Carp

Carp Starter

Unless the plan is to go all out and sign Armstead or Brown as his replacement, I don't see how cutting him makes a lot of sense. He is a very solid LT in a league that doesn't seem to have that many.

Restructuring likely creates roughly 10 million this year, but it just pushes the can down the road. We'd be in a similar predicament in 2023, but on the hook for a higher dead cap hit.

I probably choose B. Leave it alone and let him play out his deal. If he plays great, we got him for another year at a reasonable deal. If he plays bad/gets hurt, we can cut him for no cost this time next year.

• Cheers Cheers x 3
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  4. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

B...hope another season removed from the ACL has him back to form

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. Delco78

Delco78 Starter

I vote to extend him. Nothing like his other contract though. He will be better in the years to come because his acl injury will be in the past.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Trent Walker

Trent Walker Special Teams Standout

B

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

B

When he originally signed the contract, I thought it was ridiculously high. Over the course of the contract, other players salaries have gone up and now it is not so high any more.

I just want him to get back on the roids and learn how to pass a drug test for them.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  8. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

Who says that F is what we would get as compensation? LT is a hugely important position in the league and we could definitely get more than that in a trade.

9. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

For comparison...Orlando Brown played RT for Ravens but was drafted as a LT, wanted to be a LT

The Chiefs traded their 2021 first-round pick (No. 31 overall), a third-rounder (94), fourth-round pick (136) and a 2022 fifth-round selection in exchange for Brown and a 2021 second-round pick (No. 58) and a 2022 sixth-round pick.

10. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

B, until we have at least somewhat of a replacement in house we can't afford to give up on our blindside blocker despite any warts that may be present

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar