Taylor Lewan Holds Out

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by VondyP, Jun 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

For sure

Lewan is the kind of player you want to pay

Sends a good message to reward those kinds of guys

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

At least for once it's not some guy JUST LOOKING TO GET PAID...

Taylor legit wants to be in Nashville -- I can see his argument here - he's basically saying he doesn't want to play this entire year/offseason "Look good, Look Good... Don't get hurt, Don't get hurt.."

He is MOST Definitely deserving to get paid -

1. Community Presence
    2. Leadership
    3. Support of Outside Pro Sports (Preds)
    4. 2 Pro Bowls
    5. 2 Appearances in Top 100.

.... CJ couldn't even spell 2 of of those examples.

Already seen 'yall crucified CJ, now y'all support Lewan' alot..

go the hell away.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Best offensive lineman in franchise history and he’s 25. Pay the man and move on.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
  4. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

The praise is a bit overstated, IMO. I didn't watch the team during the majority of his first two seasons, but from what I heard, he was far more flash than substance. Especially since there was discussion about drafting Tunsil and moving him to RT. 2016 was excellent, but he struggled last year from what appeared to be more than just Mularkey's predictable scheme. He seemed to be getting beat in matchups by guys who has no business dueling with a top tier LT.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Passepartout

Passepartout April Showers!

Really he is not the first nor will he be the last player to do this not just of mini or training camp in July starting back up. It is about just worrying about playing on the field, let the agent take care of it.

6. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I imagine this will get done soon. He's gonna get 16-17 million per season and around 40+ guaranteed

7. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the FO is completely ok, if not very understanding of him holding out. If he comes in for some meaningless - for a vet like him - reps during summer and gets injured, his contract situation just got way more complicated and there's no reason for him to risk that.

I'm sure they're working on a deal and I expect he'll be one of, if not the top paid tackle in the league. We still have plenty of cap room, and I'd be surprised if we don't front load his contract to make his deal more friendly next year when we have to sign Marcus. That's a win/win for both sides because he gets his money now, and the team has room for the future.

I'd expect this deal to be done within the next few weeks at most and this will be a non-story.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  8. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Yea, I'm sure the FO was anticipating this. Lewan will most likely set the market this year for tackles.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

They def saw this coming, why else have we been holding back salary cap space....

For this exact reason, and Mary next year.

10. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

Pretty grateful we didn't get in a bidding war for Suh now.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar