Tavon Austin

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Brew City, Mar 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Who does he remind you with that 4.34 40 time and only an 11.3 yards per catch? Ted Ginn?

Why did Stedman Baily have 400 more yards receiving with the same number of catches? Stedman Baily must have 4.14 speed.

I would take Deandre Hopkins straight up over Austin. A real outside WR who is big, physical and runs great routes. Hopkins will be a better nfl WR than Austin.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

What does this video tell you? It shows Austin running with the ball. reverses, punt returns. Are we in need of a return man?

You don't draft a utility WR 10 you draft a bonafide stud!

We need a big WR on the outside not a slot guy, not a catch and run guy or a return guy.

Again Ted Ginn parte duex.

3. Carp

Carp Starter

I hadn't heard the latest news on Hunter. Most mocks I had seen so far had him going late 2nd and early 3rd, which I thought was low given his size and talent level. He's a better pure receiver than Patterson, though he's less overall talented

4. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Yea I too think KW won't be a good outside guy.

As for Austin, all I'm going to say is let's draft the best guy available on our board. Draft the best player available, even if it's a position of just relative need.. Obviously don't go QB, RB, T or LB in the first round.. But if you feel Rhodes (CB) or Austin (WR) are THAT GOOD.. then you draft them I say.

Nickel CB is still a need, we don't know for sure Verner will stay past this year nor that Campbell/Sensabaugh are an immediate nickel answer or a long term one..

WR isn't a need right now but don't be surprised if it's our BIGGEST need a year from now.. Nate & Britt will likely be gone leaving us with just Wright..

I choose CB & WR as examples because they're not huge needs like RG but I think if you feel one of those CBs or WRs is the best guy left at 10, draft him...

Now I know Austin may not be that guy.. But if Webster feels strongly about him (or whoever we draft 10) I'll have confidence in the pick..

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

That's what slot receivers do. They aren't meant to be running down the field on every play. The point of them is to be shifty and quick to be the QB's safety blanket and make their living off YAC not deep routes.

6. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I would too, i'm a big fan of DeAndre. He's got a little Reggie Wayne in him.

7. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

I'd take Stedman Bailey. Tough little dude.

8. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I think Austin is the kind of player who's becoming more and more worth a top-15 in today's NFL.

I'm also starting to think the Titans might actually take him. It would allow Wright to bump to the outside and deep routes, which is where he needs to be.

Austin is a special talent. I wouldn't be too upset with the pick.

9. Doc

Doc Pro Bowler

I'm over the WR in the first round crap. Move on. Not going to happen.

10. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I don't see it happening either but I won't totally rule it out. Patterson is the only guy I'd even think about taking in the 1st.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar