Target Trey Burton in FA?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Broken Arrow, Feb 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

his only downside is he's overshadowed by ZACH ERTZ. He's extremely athletic making him pretty good receiving threat...... We all know we drafted JONNU SMITH, but Trey Burton could become Delanies workout partner - helping not only take the reigns afterwards, but speeding up JONNU's process.... Trey and Delanie could be the FRANK and ERRON of our time... at the very least, I'd feel much better about our TE's if they were WALKER, BURTON, SMITH -- as opposed to SUPERNAW involved anywhere...

2. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

I’d be all for it as well - rotoworld even wrote a blurb how his situation may be simialir to Delanies back in the day.... backup who could be a starter and is in his mid 20s about to cash in

Only problem is Jonnu as you mentioned - he’d be pretty much wasting a roster spot at that point

3. Young54

Young54 Starter

Did you know who he was before yesterday?

I'd rather get a good blocker. Joke about Exotic Smashmouth aside, Fasano was clearly missed in the running game.

And for some stupid a$$ reason we cut Fowler.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. TitansAC4

TitansAC4 Starter

He had at least 1 good game when Ertz was out. Not sure how he is as a blocker but I think he’d be a good one to target.

5. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Didn't jonnu tear his acl? He's probably a write off this season more or less

6. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

YES, i did. he stepped in vs the rams and put up 70 yards and 2 TD's.

He must be able to block, was in on many, many plays, and the Eagles ran all over the PATS...... and threw....

7. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

I liked him coming out of college, better than what we have, we should sign him

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

MCL. He'll be fine in a few weeks.

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Because he wasn't very good. I don't think he was ever picked up either.

10. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

While I don't think we need him as a TE depth, there's another way to look at wanting a player like Burton: He's capable of doing a lot of different things and being a match up problem in general. He's just a good player and we need more of that.

With what I expect our offense to go to, we're going to want as many guys that can do multiple jobs as we can. I predict we're going to go more towards what the Eagles and Rams have done lately where we have a lot of guys who can do a lot of jobs and play multiple positions.

Burton and a guy like Lewis or McKinnon would be great additions in FA to our offense if we go the way I think we will.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar