Tanny time estimate

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 520, Sep 15, 2019.

?
  1. End of September

42.5%
  2. October

45.0%
  3. November

12.5%
  4. December

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. January

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Report all you want. I'll report myself. I haven't insulted you- just the content of your post. You on the other hand are insulting the entire fanbase.

• LOL LOL x 1
  2. Riverman

Your comments are derogatory. I haven't insulted you personally- just the content of your post. Get it straight. As you say "them's the rules".

3. Wingman

Wingman Starter

The reality is no coach is going to bench a turnover free qb ( one only 5) with a web rating of 112 plus. Not going to happen. Yes he held the ball to long and missed a few throws. He is jury will be held at the end of the year. Their is a reason Tanny was available.

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

Are you living under a rock, or do you not understand what's going on in Miami right now?

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Riverman

you may be right. But I think (as I believe most people now do also) that 4 years is enough of a sample size- including the development curve- to assess Mariota's max ability as an NFL QB. He made several rookie judgement mistakes yesterday and still has accuracy issues with his throwing. We're built to win this year- we just need a serviceable QB. At least that's my impression of JRob's plan.

It's possible Mariota salvage's an extension- but I don't see any way he can make up for 4 years of inconsistent play and inaccuracy with the remaining games on the schedule. So I'm for moving on now- bench him and trade him when another team needs an immediate QB. I'd take an early 3rd rounder or better right now for mariota.

6. Wingman

Wingman Starter

I know very well. But compare ratings. Mariota at age 25 is better

7. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

In the last two seasons, they've had roughly the same winning percentage, and T Hill has thrown 12 more TDs (in 4 fewer games) with a higher QB rating, and his offense has scored more PPG. And Miami stinks. It's great that Mariota was effective in his first two years, but he hasn't been since and that seems unlikely to change

8. Wingman

Wingman Starter

Where is the box that says when he gets injured. That is the correct answer....but not until. His face is on the billboards, tickets and programs. He 25 and the face of the franchise plus he is the owners boy. You won’t give that up for tannehill. If he struggles this year ( as a whole) they will draft a qb in the draft and get a new face. But you guys lusting at his benching when he is playing turnover free and his passer rating is among leagues best, are in fairytale land.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  9. piepsilon

piepsilon Starter

Ummm...yeah we do. Their core players weren't good enough to build a team around, so they blew it up and got rid of everyone. That means Tanny wasn't considered good enough to build around. If you think a team would blow it up if they had a franchise-caliber QB to build around, then you're the one under a rock. Don't twist things to make it suit your weak arguments. It just makes you look that much dumber. Mary may suck, but Tanny is not our Savior. Get over it.

10. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

Nobody said he was Patrick Mahomes. Is he willing and able to throw a football? That's what we need.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar