Tanny and MM on field together...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans2004, Dec 31, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Mariota’s athleticism is drastically overblown

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  2. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

No, you must have forgotten about that time when Mariota was scrambling out of the pocket, there were no open receivers anywhere on the field. He looked, found the target he was looking for, threw the hardest pass he could muster (.7mph) hit his target square in the forehead forcing a ricochet right to where he was running. Scooped it up and scored the TD...

When you can intentionally do something like that your athleticism knows no bounds.

• LOL LOL x 4
  3. MsgBoardJesus

MsgBoardJesus Starter

I don’t know about that, but Mariota seemingly had zero ability to extend plays outside of the pocket or throw on the run. All of that stuff he was billed as coming out. I don’t know if that’s because his athleticism was over blown, or because the team drilled into his head to be a prototypical pocket passer. Either way, he did none of that stuff.

It’s stuff we’re seeing Tannehill do on a weekly basis. Crazy.

4. Wingman

Wingman Starter

it wasnt at the combine win he won every skill.

5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Ok?

what’s the combine have to do with NFL games?

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  6. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

The second I watched Tannehill on this team, I knew Mary was done. His pocket presence alone was worlds better. Mariota just isn’t a true NFL QB. If he goes to a team and somehow changes that stance, god bless him and that team. 5 years in and the dude keeps regressing. Sad state of affairs.

7. Wingman

Wingman Starter

It is a formal an unbiased measure of athleticism. Go back and look at the results. His 4.48 forty was by far the fastest qb time,- Watson ran a 4.67 the next yr,. He also won all the shuttles and the verticle jump,. His 56 mph velocity was 2nd out of 14 I believe. Don't get me wrong, tannehill deserves to be under center but lets not act like Mariota is not athletic. Atbat ,6'4" 225 those are amazing numbers. Mariotas 40 was faster than Derrick Henry's. I'd say use his athletic ability a few plays each game. He's not our future qb, so if he gets hurt it's not the end of the world.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Wingman

Wingman Starter

9. 615nick

615nick Starter

Imo, the key play to look at is the pass play. The d didn't really know what to think, they were thinking it was a trick play, but it was a simple slant. No pressure and tanney just stood there, hardly moved. I think it's a wrinkle that can be used, not often at all, but used.

10. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

exactly....if I was a defender I would be thinking that a zone read running play was coming when I saw MM in at QB...instead an easy 24 yd completion....so if we see it again my expectation would be that we would actually run the zone read or run Marcus on a qb run with Henry as an extra blocker...the reason you put Tanny at WR Is to keep him out of harms way running the ball...we need to control the clock just like the Ratbirds did...if a “gimmick” play can keep the chains moving on the ground and keep Tanny safe then I’m all for it...

people also need to remember that when we beat the Pats last year MM was 18 of 24 passing

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar