Rumor Tannehill to Colts?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Wingman, Aug 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wingman

Wingman Starter

I see his name and Keenum as well. I’m not sure he would be much of an upgrade over brissett

2. titanfanatic

titanfanatic I Piss Excellence Staff

Woodside has played in two preseason games where there’s no game planning and the competition is a bunch of guys trying to make the roster. I wouldn’t say he played great, his first game was better than his second. Way too premature to ship Tanne based off of that not to mention you don’t trade your backup Qb to a division rival who may be searching for a starting qb. Titans know if they are gonna make a serious push it’s gotta be now within the division.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

If he cant win the division wtf would they want him?

We finally have what WE need in 2 QBs and you want to sell that to a rival?!

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

We're not trading Tannehill, here's some trade options for the Colts as per an article

Eli Manning
    The New York Giants wouldn't even consider trading Manning right? The way first-round pick Daniel Jones has played this preseason may cause general manager Dave Gettleman to pivot on his plans regarding the future of his franchise. Since the Colts have two second-round picks, the Giants could receive one of them for Manning, an incredible haul for a 38-year old quarterback who completed 66 percent of his passes for 4,299 yards, 21 touchdowns, 11 interceptions and a 92.4 passer rating last season.

If the Giants trade Manning and get a second-round pick back, that clears the path for Jones to start while Manning gets a chance to lead a playoff-caliber roster in what could be his final NFL season.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
    If the Miami Dolphins do decide to choose Josh Rosen as the starter, a quarterback they traded a 2019 second-round pick and fifth-round pick in 2020 for this offseason, why not part ways with the 36-year old Fitzpatrick? Fitzpatrick completed 164 of 246 passes for 2,366 yards, 17 touchdowns and 12 interceptions in 2018. In his 11-year career, Fitzpatrick completed 60.1 percent of his passes for 29,357 yards, 190 touchdowns and 148 interceptions for an 81.1 passer rating.

Here's where Fitzpatrick could be valuable to the Colts. Per PFF, when kept clean in the pocket Fitzpatrick completed 121 of 172 attempts for 1,824 yards, nine touchdowns, five interceptions and a passer rating of 110.2, ranking 10th in the NFL. The Colts have a much better offensive line than when Luck last was injured two years ago, which would benefit Fitzpatrick.

They wouldn't have to give up much for him.

Nate Sudfeld
    There's a lot of connections toward Colts head coach Frank Reich and Sudfeld, who Reich coached with the Philadelphia Eagles in 2017 as the offensive coordinator. The Eagles have Josh McCown as their No. 2 quarterback, so they could entertain the market for Sudfeld and see what they could get from Indianapolis and reunite him with Reich.

Interestingly enough, the Eagles added Sudfeld to their active roster in 2017 after the Colts tried to sign him off their practice squad. Colts general manager Chris Ballard has expressed interest in the 25-year old Sudfeld in the past, this time potentially actually landing the Eagles backup quarterback.

Sudfeld is currently out 4-to-6 weeks with a broken left wrist, but is expected to be back by the end of September. Plenty of time to grasp the Colts playbook before giving him a chance to start in a contract year.

Case Keenum
    Keenum looks to be in line to be the Washington Redskins starting quarterback, but the team also has Colt McCoy and first-round pick Dwayne Haskins on their roster. The Redskins traded away a 2020 sixth-round pick for Keenum and a 2020 seventh-round pick, certainly should be able to get more back with the season being weeks away.

Keenum will likely start the season in Washington, but the leash is short as Haskins is the franchise quarterback. He wouldn't have to worry about that in Indianapolis with a more talented roster and a competent offensive line. Keenum completed 62.3 percent of his passes for 3,890 yards, 18 touchdowns and 15 interceptions for an 81.2 passer rating in 16 starts for the Denver Broncos last year.

Teddy Bridgewater
    The New Orleans Saints have Bridgewater entrenched as the backup quarterback to Drew Brees, or has Taysom Hill changed their plans? Hill has played well this preseason with head coach Sean Payton embracing the comparisons to Hall of Fame quarterback Steve Young. Perhaps the Saints go with Hill as the No. 2 quarterback and make Bridgewater expendable.

The 26-year old Bridgewater completed 14 of 23 passes for 118 yards, a touchdown and an interception in limited action last year as the Saints No. 2 quarterback. Bridgewater spent the first four years of his career with the Minnesota Vikings, completing 64.7 percent of his passes for 6,150 yards for 28 touchdowns, 22 interceptions and an 86.3 passer rating. He made the Pro Bowl in 2015 with the Vikings, leading the team to an 11-5 record as he completed 65.3 percent of his passes for 3,231 yards, 14 touchdowns and nine interceptions for an 88.7 passer rating.

Since the knee injury in 2016, questions arose if Bridgewater is back to the same player he was pre-injury. The Colts can find out by taking a gamble on Bridgewater in 2019

5. Backinmyday

Backinmyday Starter

Be careful what you wish for.

6. JCBRAVE

Yea but no one is giving a 1st for Tannehill

We got him for a 4th and change.....

7. JCBRAVE

Teddy doesnt want to do anything he doesnt have to. Hes just fine sitting around in New Orleans lol

• LOL LOL x 1
  8. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Folks already speculating Mariota will be picked up by Colts when we don’t sign him.

• LOL LOL x 1
  9. titanthakur

titanthakur Pro Bowler

plus i'm not sure if Tannehill is that much of an improvement over Brisett. Heck I'm not sure Teddy is a big upgrade either since it's been so long for him since he last saw the field in a game that mattered.

I think the Colts would only be interested in starting QB's doubt they're looking for a backup. So the names I would consider if I was gm of Colts:

Andy Dalton
    Derek Carr
    Case Keenum
    Matt Stafford

• WTF?! WTF?! x 1
  10. 10ECTyrant

10ECTyrant What! Tip Jar Donor

That was my thought

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar