Tannehill sought therapy after loss

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, May 4, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

No he didn't --- it's his way to try to soften us up and feel some middle ground understanding for him.

Yeah -- I'd be real depressed too knowing I was going into a season where i'm making 30 million with a 5 million bonus, and it would 2x as hard for me to get over the fact that I cannot be cut this year because of how much it would cost my team.....

Cry me a river .

"It's not my job to mentor him" -- yeah it's not your job to mentor him, but it IS YOUR JOB to be professional about it -- at least talk the media in circles about the question. - Tannehill is showing true traits of a narcissist --

"This isn't happening" (AJ Brown trade) ---- So you're a rookie then and you've never seen anyone traded among contract disputes? ... That would explain the inexperience in the playoffs from a QB standpoint.....

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Sorry should have said Jarvis

3. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Like I said he had no problem taking Mariota's job... difference being Marcus showed class and was a good teammate

• High Five High Five x 3
    • Cheers Cheers x 2
  4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

still a MM8 fan... hope he does well unless playing against 2 tone blue

If he can manage to stay in NFL a few more years I think he will be a top 15 type guy... clearly has smarts and work ethic

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. Broken Arrow

Absolutely, Mariota knew the jig was up and I'm quite certain that was why he was afraid to throw the ball --- if he started strings of INTs, he knew who was waiting in the wing.

But in terms of exposure to the media - he never showed it, carried it like a professional, and made it about the team.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  6. KyTitansFan

KyTitansFan GM of GoTitans

Tannehill is a weakling. NFL QB’s shouldn’t need therapy after a loss. Definitely not who I would want leading my team. He’s supposed to be the leader of an NFL team and the only vibe he gives off is constant weakness. He makes more money in a month than most people make in a lifetime. If he’s so bothered by it, that he needs therapy, he needs to retire and stop taking up the teams salary cap. Those of you feeling sorry for him are some Grade A suckers.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
  7. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

Some of you need therapy yourselves. Mocking or dismissing a guy for going to therapy for what ever reason he felt the need to... A lot of it is probably due to ******* fans that take entertainment way too seriously and feel that they are owed something from those paid to entertain.

You pay to watch the games, win lose or draw...not for the right to treat players like your personal robot that should do what ever you feel they need to do. Watch the games for entertainment and then get the f over it and yourself.

• High Five High Five x 5
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. Jessica

Jessica Starter

I think the bigger concern outside of the comment itself is the body language. As if that’s the last place he wanted to be. After a lackluster season, horrific playoff loss, and a disconnected offseason — I’m not entirely sure he’s capable of rebounding from mentally tough situations. Situations that require leadership and, moreover, accountability and a short memory. His eyes looked frustrated and a little scared in that presser. Very concerning moving forward.

#48 Jessica, May 4, 2022
    Last edited: May 4, 2022
    • High Five High Five x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. Jessica

Jessica Starter

I don’t think anyone should be ridiculed for publicly addressing a topic as stigmatized as mental health. I think most people’s problem with RT’s mentioning of therapy, however, is that the context seemed a little cheap.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. Broken Arrow

You're right -- I absolutely believe in Ryan Tannehill's story....... it ranks right up there with Manti Teo's girlfriend, the Easter Bunny, and Santa Claus...

• LOL LOL x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar