Tannehill sought therapy after loss

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, May 4, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KyTitansFan

KyTitansFan GM of GoTitans

You’re missing the part where if you’re paying someone $40 million a year, you would prefer they not need therapy to do their job. You’re supposed to be the best for that much money, not emotionally weak. He should have more than enough money to live comfortably the rest of his life. If you’re having to go to therapy, retire. It’s not the job for you.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
  2. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Is that advice for everyone, or just those that make $40 million?

• Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

If I am paying someone $40 million a year, I want them to do whatever they need to do to be able perform at their job. There is nothing wrong with going to therapy, people from all walks of life do it, and many more probably should do it. There is also nothing emotionally weak about it, that sounds like what people would say decades ago. I would much rather anyone go to therapy rather than end up self medicating with a bottle or drugs every night or go on some sort of shooting spree.

#93 dg1979us, May 5, 2022
    Last edited: May 5, 2022
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
    • High Five High Five x 1
    • Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 1
  4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

psychology is pseudo science

5. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

It’s a double down that money fixes mental depression.
    Good thing they’re aren’t countless examples of that not being the case.
    I’d be willing to bet Robin Williams was paid over $40 mil to do his job. For that kind of money, I guess he should have been mentally tougher and fans should have expected him to be or that he should have accepted Criticism just the same.

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

and I will bet RW was in 'therapy' before killing himself while masturbating

7. KyTitansFan

KyTitansFan GM of GoTitans

No but he made enough in one year to live comfortably the rest of his life. Therefore he doesn’t have to continue doing it if bothers him so bad it sends him to therapy. No one is forcing him to play.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
  8. HurrayTitans!

I know David carradine (sp?) was dead from beat the meat, did not think that was a RW detail.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. HurrayTitans!

Is it not acceptable to look at it from a different view?

like maybe this guy dedicated his entire life to this point into playing this game, has hit a rough patch, would like to fix it, and continue doing what he clearly enjoys?

is that mentally weak?

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

short answer is ... yes - depending

IMO the only reason to go public is a pathetic attempt to garner sympathy

BUT I know tons of pro athletes, drivers, golfers WTFever, have PAs whose only job appears to be to prop the athlete up in every way possible. I would argue this is a form of therapy but a traditional one

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar