Tannehill contract 2023

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Rwill, Jan 10, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carp

Carp Starter

I'll give you Peyton was pretty awful dealing with that injury during the season. But he played pretty great the 1st 2 rounds of the playoffs once he was semi healthy.

Even if you include him, that gives you 5. And 3 of those were on teams with all time great defenses. You can't depend on having an all time great defense.

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

& a team clearly cant depend on having an elite QB

this whole ... lose until you luck into an elite QB is for chumps

teams can win weekly without elite QB and once in POs all you got to do is get hot for 3 games and you win an Owl

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

That’s 5 from your perspective. As mentioned, both “elite” and “franchise” QB are subjective terms.

I disagree on your count because there are more QB in that time that don’t meet 1 or both of those titles.

Completely disagree you need either of those title QB to win a SB. D and a safe QB is what’s needed. An argument can be made that THill is better than some SB winning QB, but many have already made their assessment “he can’t win” because of his terrible game against CIN. I disagree on that point also but he has to prove it.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
  4. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

[​IMG]

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. jkwtitan

jkwtitan Practice Squad

What are the odds right now we cut Tanny?

6. HurrayTitans!

Right now? Ill say 0%

If another QB is in Tennessee that might be able to start? It goes up proportionally to how likely new QB is to start.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. jkwtitan

jkwtitan Practice Squad

We probably need to shed salary at this point. We are trending in the wrong direction.

8. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

You don't shed salary by cutting the only QB worth a damn on the team. Restructuring Tanny to lower the cap, sure... But cutting him would be real dumb without having another QB ready.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. HurrayTitans!

I guess you can as long as you’re shedding wins.

Even the idea of tanking doesn’t really help because you have to pay somebody money to reach the minimum spent. That’s aside from the tanking idea being a total failure of an idea anyway.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

I think zero. Would be terribly dumb imo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar