Tannehill contract 2023

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Rwill, Jan 10, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

maxresdefault (2).jpg
    True

• Cheers Cheers x 3
  2. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

A million things go in to making/winning the Superbowl... Including a lot of luck.

Sure, a Tannehill lead team might never win a SB... But if everything bounces right, could win the next 3.

How many good to great QBs never made it to the Superbowl? Hell there's even good/great QBs that don't even make it to the playoffs.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Theres lots and some much more recent, like Nick Foles.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. HurrayTitans!

True.

A lot of the arguments for “must have QB” specifically speak to whatever team won the SB any given year. While not a dismissive point, it doesn’t factor how many teams were easily good enough to win it, but literally only 1 team can win it each year.

We also see examples, although rare, where the team that wins the SB is not actually the best team, either a hot streak or just a matchup issue.
    Hot streak example, 05’ Steelers. A WC team that wasn’t particularly great but ended winning it (also overlooking the BS reffing of that SB)
    Example of matchup issues are NE and the NYG. 18-0 pats were easily the best team, but the Giants just have a good matchup style. Titans and bengals seem that way currently.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

If we could swindle Rodgers from Greenbay, I’d be for it. Don’t think we could even afford a real offer though.

6. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

The thing with having an elite QB is it gives you a chance every year almost. The chiefs and bills are perennial contenders in no small part to Allen and mahomes. It's not a guaranteed bowl obviously but it certainly gives an inside track. However with how inflated Qb contracts have become it is much harder to build a full team around an elite QB outside of their rookie contract. I'm still a firm believer that the single most valuable thing in the NFL is a great QB on a rookie deal.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Hey he's used to throwing to trash cans at this point so that helps!

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

Rodgers is still a good QB...but just something about the guy I can't stand. I don't even like watching him play for GB. Lol

But yeah, of course if a QB of that calibre becomes available and the Titans have a way to get em, they better do it.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

Mahomes and Allen also have really solid teams, period.

But I agree on the part where a rookie deal QB playing lights out gives teams the best chance... The problem is that's a 2 sided deal...you have to get that QB at the time when the rest of the team is solid enough AND you have to get a rookie QB that comes in and plays great. That's not an easy combination to aquire.

10. HurrayTitans!

Rarely is the QB on the rookie deal the reason for the team’s success either.
    We can see Mahomes has defied logic. Allen took a couple seasons at least.

SF is arguably the best team in the league right now. It’s hardly because of the play of Purdy (or Jimmy G earlier). They’re playing how a fully built team needs to play, smart and protect the ball. The rest of the team can win the game.

And that’s not to say Purdy is playing poorly at all. I have a hard time believing he’s going to keep those TD numbers up for an entire career. We’ll see how fans and media treat him when the law of averages happen. I think how that treatment goes is connected to when it happens too.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar