Tannehill contract 2023

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Rwill, Jan 10, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 615nick

615nick Starter

We can 100% guarantee that we will not win a sb or go far in the playoffs with tanny under center. He's had chances and failed. What in the world is the point in keeping him around? Isn't the goal to win it all? We would definitely be better off with a qb competition going into next year that doesn't include tanny at all. Willis, Dobbs, draft pick and a fa vet sound good to me. Worst case we lose 1 or 2 more games than we would with tanny, best case we win 1 or 2 more games. There is literally nothing to lose here. Use the savings from tanny to build up the online and see what happens. I don't see how anyone can even think about bringing this clown back, even if Willis turns out to be a ps play, who cares. Try something new

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 1
  2. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

So I guess we could have 100% guaranteed Rodgers, Brady, Manning, Mahomes,etc etc etc... basically any good QB ever wouldn't win a Superbowl because every one of them has had a couple of bad playoff games.

EVERY QB has bad games... Get over it.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

And to another point, Tammy is light years ahead of Squirrel and Dobbs. I still don't understand the point of replacing a current QB with someone with less skill... Makes zero sense.

• High Five High Five x 3
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

All these Vols homers think he is better than Tanne.

• LOL LOL x 1
  5. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

I mean, he played a hell of a lot better than I expected! Certainly better than Squirrel. 6 years carrying a clipboard allows time to learn a few things. I am fine with him as a backup and Squirrel to PS.

• Cheers Cheers x 4
  6. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

Tannehill isn't an elite QB... But before Downing came along he was playing great outside of a few bad games which a couple happened to be in the playoffs.

And yeah, I've said it before, Tannehill is by far the best option. The Titans don't have another QB on the roster with starting potential and getting another vet doesn't make sense.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
  7. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

Good back up. Miles ahead of Willis but nah, nowhere near Tanny

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Your statement starts false.
    No, it’s not a 100% guarantee at all. Nothing has been proven in that department except that he lost his last playoff game in terrible fashion.

As pointed out a bunch of times already, many QBs do t win their first time, or second or third, but using Peyton as a prime example, pretty sure he started 0-5, THill is already 2-3.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

And as a bonus point, an “elite QB” (whatever that is), is not required to win the SB.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Trent Dilfer for an example.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar