Tannehill contract 2023

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Rwill, Jan 10, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

If Tannehill won't restructure I would say there's a far greater than zero chance of him being cut. Carr and Jimmy G are fore sure available. Along with potentially Trey Lance, Justin fields and Tom Brady etc. Tanne cap hit is currently #5 in the entire NFL in 2023 behind only Watson, mahomes, Allen and Prescott. Even as a big Tannehill fan i can't rationalize that.

2. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

Tammy will restructure his contract- especially after last year.

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

lets face it... players WIN when they restructure... 100% T17 resturctures even if all he wins is getting the $s earlier and the CAP spread over more years ( like players care about that)

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I would not restructure Tanny's deal because all that does is push money down the road.... You have to decide whether you are riding with Tanny for a few more yrs or not... what needs to happen is a contract extension that helps lower the cap hit now but extends his playing time for 2-3yrs.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

they extend T17 beyond 24 right now its malfeasence

even people like me who aint a T17 hater want a better QB than T17

admitting that aint willis or dobbs aint difficult... that means if Titans want to compete they need T17 for another year or 2 and in the meantime find an actual QB

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I think the QB market this yr will show Tanny and his agent just how little he will get on the open market if this is his last yr with the Titans. So I think they will be willing to sign a team friendly deal on a 2-3 yr contract. This will not prohibit the Titans from trying to find their future QB.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

We have close to $100 mil cap space in 2024 so I’m fine shifting a little Tanny money down the road. Bring this years cap hit down to free up an extra $15 mil or so.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

people in here really wanna extend/restructure this fool just for some cap savings???

my god...

9. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

The alternative is have no QB. So yes, extend/restructure Tanny and build a team. That's the only realistic option.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  10. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Tannehill is consistently graded as a top 20 QB in this league and has excelled when given an Oline and viable receivers. I’d love to hear your alternative.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
    • LOL LOL x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar