Take a risk with second round pick

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by DelawareTitan, Apr 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DelawareTitan

DelawareTitan Starter

With the 3 second round picks we have do we use one of them and take a risk on a player that may not pan out? Jaylon Smith, Robert Nkemdiche, or maybe grab Roberto Aguayo??? Can always use a reliable kicker! LOL

2. tnfan47

tnfan47 Let's Get It

I'll do a 3rd on Jaylon Smith, that's it. We need these 2nds to stick this year and get significant playing time. I totally agree with you maybe next year or two if we have a similar situation.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Jaylon Smith will be beating the odds coming back from that injury. Usually with his kind of injury the goal is to get back to functionality, not performance.

6th round pick.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

If the reports are true that he has a significant foot drop at this time then I stay away from him.

Drafting the kicker from FSU honestly might not be a bad idea. The kid is just pure money not having missed a single kick inside of 40 yds his entire college career. People laughed at the Raiders for drafting Janikowski in the 1st rnd, but when you look at his career and what they got out of him it really was a solid pick.

Succoup costs us 2.5 mil a yr....so not a ton, but if you can get a guy who is probably going to be better and is certainly cheaper then I think you have to consider it.

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Yeah it will.

72% from 40 and beyond. 45+ is where NFL kickers make their money. Any decent NFL kicker should be money from inside 39 and Succop is.

I'd take him in the sixth, where kickers should be taken.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

True. Succop is a toss up over 50. We usually don't even trot him out for 50 yarders. He's money from mid range though.

7. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

Taking risks and gambles on mid round picks just because you have several is what gets you this:

49ERS 2013 DRAFT PICKS

First round (No. 18 overall, from Dallas): Safety Eric Reid, LSU

Second round (No. 40 overall, from Tennessee): Defensive end Cornellius "Tank" Carradine, Florida State

Second round (No. 55 overall, from Green Bay): Tight end Vance McDonald, Rice

Third round (No. 88 overall, from Green Bay): Outside linebacker Corey Lemonier, Auburn

Fourth round (No. 128 overall): Wide receiver Quinton Patton, Louisiana Tech

Fourth round (No. 131 overall, compensatory): Running back Marcus Lattimore, South Carolina

8. rekirts

rekirts Starter

No to Jaylon. Sucks but hes basically f***ed with that injury. Hope he comes back but it shouldn't be with us. We don't have the luxury imo.

9. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Absolutely not. We desperately need these picks to succeed. At least 3 of the first 4 picks need to be hits. Quality starters. I'd MAYBE consider Jaylon at 76, but probably not.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I was all for Jaylon Smith with a 2nd or 3rd pick but not anymore. Read an article the other day that reported he's having a drop foot issue, so no thanks. I don't want to take a risk on a player with that kind of nerve damage.

I would be okay with Nkemdiche in the 2nd I guess, even though I wouldn't put much faith in him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar