T.O. the rapper

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by nigel, Mar 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

the good ole DSM-IV-TR will help us out.

Criteria for depression:

- Sad, Depressed mood, most of the day, nearly every day for two weeks or loss of interest and pleasure in the usual activities, plus at least 4 of the following:

- Difficulties in sleeping (insomnia); not falling asleep initially, not returning to sleep after awakening in the middle of the night, and early morning awakenings; or, in some patients. a desire to sleep a great deal of the time.

- Shift in activity level, becoming either lethargic (psychomotor retardation) or agitated.

- Poor appetite and weight loss, or increased appetite and weight gain.

- Loss of energy, great fatigue.

- Negative self concept, self reproach and self-blame; feelings of worthlessness and guilt

- Complaints or evidence of difficulty in concentrating, such as slow thinking and indecisiveness

- Recurrent thoughts of death or suicide.

Now I aint a psychologist, but I did study psychology and the DSM is the world renown psychology book, I also do not know T.O but a lot of the criteria doesn't seem to fit his personality (especially the self-blame part).

He sounds more narcissistic or histrionic more so then depressed.

although u can find any disorder in the DSM, read the criteria and think you have it.

2. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

Gunny, I am a psychiatric nurse practicioner. Depression isn't quite so succint. Also, I do know Terrell Owens on a personal level. His mood is often very dark, his sleeping patterns are out of whack. He'll be up at 3 or 4 in the morning, calling his friends at weird hours of the night.

Anywho, trust me, if you were around Terrell for any amount of time, you would immediately see that he exhibits the classic signs of depression.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I am not saying your wrong, as I said I'm not a shrink and i dont know T.O.

I was just comparing the criteria for Depression vs. the T.O we know, it just doesnt seem like it is depression.

4. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

While I didn't study clinical psychology, it is my firm belief that while TO may well suffer from depressions, they're not the cause of why he is acting the way he is.

Serious bipolar disorder could possibly be the explanation, except BD fluctuates between stages, whereas TO seems to be stuck in the Hypomania or Mania stages. But as I was taught, BD is not be confused with ADHD or evidence of personality problems. Now I'm fairly sure TO doesn't have ADHD, so that leaves personality problems...

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Maybe he's an arsonist, he loves to burn his bridges...(yeah that was lame)

6. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

ahh the classic aussie wit that has brought us such classic comedies as... errr... well... ahh... nevermind... I liked WaterRats though :))

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

really?

hey we had classic comedies many years ago.

Mother & Son
    Norman Gunston
    etc.

all before my time, but still funny.

8. Michi40

Michi40 Lost bullet

What?
    I dind´t knew nothing about this.
    What happenned?
    forgive my ignorance.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

He was doing sit-ups in his drive way when he got suspended from the Eagles practise facility while the cameras were around.

10. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Actually Always Greener was pretty fun....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar