T.O. in TN?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Big Time Titan, Jul 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

If not his replacement(I forget his name but he filled in nicely) will still get more balls than T.O

2. aws090883

aws090883 Camp Fodder

the only way i want owens is if gage goes down with an injury and they deside to go another way with hawkins.im kinda exiceted to see what hawkins can do he looked pretty good when he did play.if hes got the playbook down now.im happy with britt,washington,gage,and hawkins.plus we have damian williams that should be active most sundays for returns.i wouldnt want owens for one year to replace hawkins and see him blow up somewhere else.lets just keep going with the youth movement and see how it goes.

3. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

He had 55 catches for 829 yards and 5 touchdowns. On the freakin Buffalo Bills. Again ....... on the Buffalo Bills. Aaaaaand proved not to be a distraction in a horrible situaiton.
    Justin Gage in the past three seasons has averaged 39 catches for 595 yards with 3.7 touchdowns a season.

Nate Washington last year had 47 catches for 569 yards with 6 touchdowns.

He would upgrade either. Preferrably Gage allowing us to utilize Washington in the slot like Puttsburgh did. Oh and TO is a good downfield blocker. Just like the Titans love.:wink2:

It'll never happen but I wouldn't doubt it until I saw it.

4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Speaking of receivers, I ran into Derrick Mason tonight at the Cool Springs Target.

Julian Edelman?

5. iQon

iQon Starter

It's a sad day when I'm not completely against it. The guy is desperate, so I think the foolishness will be nonexistant. And since I'm not a big fan of Nate Washington, I think he actually could help on paper.

If he wants to be here, Fish should try him out and go from there.

6. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

TO is definitely desperate and I can see that translating into him coming out and having a career year just to prove that he's still got it.

People keep saying that he lost a step and didn't produce in Buffalo, but come one people he was playing in Buffalo. Yet he still managed to put up some solid #s with no real QB.

Not to say that VY is the best QB around but he has shown that he can get it done and that he's a winner which would appeal to TO. TN makes more sense than many want to admit.

I could see him beating out Gage and Nate for the #1 spot. It would also push Kenny to step his game up and get him into top shape.

7. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Not only do I think it would push Britt to actually stay in shape but I really don't think having a vet like T.O could hurt Britt, at the very least he's going to teach him some things.

8. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

That's what I'm steady screamin'. Kenny and TO are built a lot alike. TO could pass on his football wisdom to him we'd be set going into the future with Kenny as our #1 and Nate and Hawk behind him.

9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

A year or two ago I wish T.O. would've been a Titan. Whatever about his locker room issues, he brings a buzz to the team, and he doesn't get in off the field trouble.

But now, nah. Spend the money on defense. Let's re-sign Bulluck already. We need plug and play veteran depth.

And I'd rather see Britt, N.Washington, and Gage crash or BURN. (Hawkins will BURN, I don't believe the pre training camp fodder)

10. AllDaWay

AllDaWay Camp Fodder

We have our future starting receivers in Kenny Britt and Damien Williams who have to fight for reps already with Justin Gage and Nate Washington. T.O. would only stay here for a year or two and would take away valuable snaps for Britt and Williams.

We are not serious Super Bowl contenders right now. Develop the talent we have now because in a year or two we could be a legit contender.

No to T.O.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar