T.O. in TN?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Big Time Titan, Jul 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Found this kinda interesting.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/article/2010-07-14/ten-possible-landing-spots-for-terrell-owens

Tennessee Titans

"The Titans have one of the most dynamic running backs in the NFL. So why not add the guy who believes he's still the most dynamic receiver?

The notion of adding T.O. to the Titans is compelling. With defenses focused on stopping Chris Johnson, Owens could be running free, with quarterback Vince Young sending the ball deep down the field with a flick of the wrist.

No serious talk of T.O. to Tennessee has emerged, but it makes too much sense to ignore the possibility".

2. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

With his ball-dropping ability, he'd fit right in.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Also, the 3 Hour Lunch guys posted something on Twitter about a rumor of TO wanting to come to TN. Personally, I'm down for it. As long as it's for the right price with the understanding that if he starts acting up he's out of here. I think he could help us, despite being past his prime.

4. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I know he's hungry to prove that he's not done and whoever does sign him will get a very motivated TO and we all know that he plays balls to the wall when he's out to prove himself. I'm also down for bringing him in. It would also motivate our WRs to work even harder. And as you mention if he gets out of line, he's out. I think the reward outweighs the risk on this one.

Like this piece points out, it'd be nice to have a guy like TO downfield when everyone's zoning in on CJ. He'd look awesome in an 81 Titans jersey. Just saying.

5. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

last year I was all for it. This year I'm not so sure..

It seems like hes lost a step and his ability to catch the football is suspect. He might not be anything but a big name now..

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Interesting this article popped up this morning. Just last night my friend and I were talking about Owens and him maybe being a Titan. I would love, absolutely love to get Terrell Owens. I don't want T.O. the diva, I want Terrell Owens the hall of fame WR. It does make perfect sense for the Titans to grab him. We know C.J. will force a lot of defenders in the box, so hello Owens down field. Getting Terrell for Vince would be something great I think.

7. tenforthewin

tenforthewin Camp Fodder

Getting TO would be great for Vince? yeah until he blows up at him on the sideline during the Radiers game because Scaife has 5 catches and he has zero. I think T.O. wants to be somewhat of a factor wherever he goes.

8. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

The Bengals brought him in for a look a few months back and immediately signed Antonio Bryant that same day. Word I read was that he was a physical specimen for his age but he was indeed slowing down..

9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

You have a point. But I think TO realizes he's not going to be too big of a factor wherever he goes. We may be a run-first team but I think he has a better chance of ending up a starter here than most other places. I can't help but think that, with his ego, he'd rather be a potential starter on a run-first team than come off the bench on a pass-happy team. Just my opinion though. Who knows.

I don't doubt that he's slowed down considerably. But I just don't see how adding him to our receiving group could be a bad thing. "Calling out QBs"... "distraction"... yada yada yada. If he pulls any of that crap, we cut him. Simple as that. Maybe signing a big name like that would give Britt and Washington the kick in the @ss they seem to need and they'd step up their game.

10. hoheff78

hoheff78 Camp Fodder

it would be a big time upgrade and come on now he played for the bills, who have no ol and no qb. And i cant really say i saw him pouting much on the sidelines last year, so hey im all for it. All im saying is if he were on our squad, we'd be pretty damm scary. It would open up our offense big time keeping defenses honest all the time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar