Switching to the 3-4 Draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by xpmar9x, Jan 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

How i would build my 3-4 defense.

1. rd 1 Dareus to play DE 309 lbs one of those anchor guys.

2. rd2 reach for Powe out of ole Miss. 340 lbs to play NT.

Trade Tony Brown. Doesn't fit the scheme, 30 year old player who makes more money. Trade him to a 4-3 team that is better suited for him. Let's say you get a 4th for him. Use that 4th for Tayor or another 340 lb type guy. Also release or trade if you can get anything for Haye.

Note that 3-4 teams will reach to get the really big linemen they need. Pats used a 1st on Ron Brace. Ravens used a 2nd on Cody. really big guys who are worth a damn are few in most drafts you have to go and get those guys.

ILB-Tulloch(sign)-Witherspoon-Mcgrath

OLB-Ford-Hayes-Morgan

DE-Dareus-Jones-Marks

NT-Powe-taylor-???

Fast ILB are acceptable if you are protecting them with size up front. The $9M saved by getting rid of Brown and Haye could be used to sign another OLB. We also would not likely sign Ball or Babin since both are less effective in this system so we save there.

That's how i would do it. Size up front would take priority over getting that stud pass rushing OLB. Let's see how Ford-Hayes and Morgan do. Maybe next year we get that OLB.

I think morgan is wasted playing De in the 3-4. Haye is not even effective in our one gap how could he be any value playing a 5 technique? Marks might be better in this system much like Starks with the fins.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar