Switching to Spread Formations Finally?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dangermode, Jan 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

One of the main things we did was spread them out instead of loading up 3 TE's with closed formations and trying to run them over. Spreading them out and incorporating a REAL power read option (a lot of times Mariota was handing it off and not reading because we didn't want him to get hurt (or he was already hurt)) gave us a real running threat of Mariota running as well as give BOTH of them more room to run.

We will need to do this against the Pats if we want to win. This is what Pitt (should have won) and Miami did (won) did most of the time.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

I made this joke around mid season. Wasn't really serious about it. But my lord if they don't come out first series like they played the second half of KC, the coaches should be left in NE.

But if they actually opened it up now, they'd surprise a lot of people. Can't wait for Saturday!

3. DaCost

DaCost Starter

I think the read opition open up lanes for Henry..

Mariotas running the ball well is the key.

4. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Last weeks game was one of the first times all year that we didn't have our RB getting hit in the backfield immediately after getting the ball...It also was one of the first times that I felt the OL actually played well as a unit. I don't know whether this was simply because the KC front isn't great against the run or whether the spread formation helped open the holes more than our OL or has our OL finally come together.

I sure hope that it wasn't a 1 week aberration. The Pats front does not have a BIG immovable object like Wilfork any more. In their losses they have been run on. I want our big uglies upfront to have the best game of the year.

Kudos OL for your play last week and keep it up.

5. CalgaryTitansFan

My lord, why on earth am I still living in North America? I have a huge case of yellow fever. My parents are shocked I'm marrying a white girl actually lol.

6. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

It’s become something of a joke in our family.

Dad served in the navy in Okinawa for a while. Didn’t marry one, but had his fun with the Japanese ladies I’m sure.

His brother is married to a woman from Taiwan.

My brother is married to a Vietnamese woman.

I am engaged to a Filipino woman.

We joke that my nephew has to go Thai or Korean to complete the set.

7. CalgaryTitansFan

That's fantastic, you win sir! I'm not sure what it was, maybe my love of import cars, but tiny Asians are my fav lol.

8. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

I never really had a thing till I moved here, which I only did because it pays the best to teach.

Once here, I became a fan. Lol

9. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

I can't believe after the spread formations, hurry up offense and read options worked so well last week, we went back to the same hot garbage condensed formations with Henry running straight forward into a wall of defenders, and essentially ZERO read option plays today.

UNBELIEVABLE

• High Five High Five x 3
  10. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

I think we were talking about a different kind of spread formation than you guys.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar