Sweed makes me look like a genius at Texas Pro day

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Austin_Bill, Mar 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

The kid played but couldn't break the starting lineup.

2004 starters Nate Vasher, Michael Huff, Ced Griffin, Mike Griffin
    2005 staters Mike Huff, Mike Griffin, Ced Griffin, Aaron Ross
    2006 starters Mike Griffin, Marcus Griffin, Aaron Ross, Tarrel Brown

Every guy listed there is in the NFL or (Marcus Griffin) will be

Foster was very good last year even without Texas being able to generate a pass rush. The only knock on him is his size, 5'7 other than that he ran a 4.28 which according to Gloat is a 4.2 40 and had a 38 in verticle which is basically a 40 inch vert. :D

2. SHSUTitan

SHSUTitan Camp Fodder

Nice logic:rolleyes: . That is only true if they were all 1 year starters. Several of the ones in the post were 3 or 4 year starters, so he sat behind them for 3 years. There were no "open spots" until he was a senior.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

lol only a texas fan knows about it though.

4. SHSUTitan

SHSUTitan Camp Fodder

I am too lazy to look it up, but what was the average yards per catch for Manningham and Sweed. That would indicate who is the better deep receiver and equalizes based on offense and how often they throw to the WR.

5. Deuce Wayne

True. But he still didn't beat out 5th rounders. So superstar is stretching it. The only reason to even think he would have been a superstar is because he ran a 4.28. However, that's faster than any of those other guys, so if he actually was good in coverage, I'm sure he would have taken someone's spot.
    And Cedric Griffin sucked. So...

6. SHSUTitan

SHSUTitan Camp Fodder

I don't think it takes a Texas fan to know that not everyone plays for 1 year. Logic is logic no matter where you go to school.

7. Deuce Wayne

Uhh...according to anyone that understands numbers. But try to bend your mind around this: a 4.28 is not a 4.2. It's 4.2 speed. Meaning it's in the 4.2's...
    Man, I hope Texas education is better than you and Vince make it seem.

8. SHSUTitan

SHSUTitan Camp Fodder

I certainly won't argue that he is a superstar, but he has a shot to make a roster and contribute on special teams. Did anyone say he was a superstar? I am too lazy to go back and look, but I certainly don't recall it.

9. Deuce Wayne

Was replying about Sweed's TD catch.

10. Deuce Wayne

Yes. Take a wild guess who said he would have been a superstar. I'll give you a hint, he's a bit of a Texas homer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar