Sweed makes me look like a genius at Texas Pro day

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Austin_Bill, Mar 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

I've been saying in other threads that Manningham's 40 time in the Michigan Pro day was due to running on a fast track well Limus Sweed just made me look like a genius when he ran his 40 at the Texas pro day and improved by a tenth of a second just like I predicted.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/profile.php?pyid=8826#news

http://www.mackbrown-texasfootball....e_id=3722&url_subchannel_id=&change_well_id=2

As for the question about the speed of the Big 12, Texas DB Brandon Foster, a corner who wasn't even invited to the combine, ran a 4.28 40 and had a 38 in verticle. He would have been a star at Texas were it not for the fact that he was behind 6 NFL caliber DBs while at Texas over the last 2 years.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

hooray, he ran faster on a synthetic track.....does that mean his speed in manufactured?

3. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

No more manufactured than Manningham's was. Everyone who thought Manningham redeemed himself by running a 4.4 40 at the Michigan Pro day has to now believe that Sweed has now proven he is equal in speed to Manningham since he ran the same time. The one difference is that Sweed is 4 inches taller and 20 lbs heavier.

I still prefer to go by the Combine results since they were done on the same track. So faster or slower it was equal for everyone who was there.

4. Fry

manningham's speed wasn't manufactured....remember, big ten teams don't run track, so i doubt they would have the same fancy hi-tech rubber tracks like they do in the south.

ANYWAY, manningham's poor combine time was because he had crappy technique.

5. Fry

;)

6. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

http://www.trackshark.com/rankings/d1men.php

take a look at the top track performers and tell me if you see a single Big 10 guy listed as a top sprinter hurdler or anything. I know I didn't see one.

The fact is most of our speed guys will straight from football to the track. It doesn't take a genius to figure this out. It doesn't start in College, in the South and in California it starts in the middle schools and goes on into high school. It is just how it is down there.

7. Fry

jus think how fast manningham would be if he lived in the south!

8. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Were the equal on the field? I say no. Manningham looked faster. If you look at a 40 time (and the ones that you chose as correct at that) to tell you that two players are equal in speed, then I say that's not the best judgement for speed.

9. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

Exactly. It doesn't matter at all about the measurables or anything. To me, it's what did they do on the field. And Mario Manningham was BY FAR a better reciever than Limas Sweed. It's not even up for debate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar