Surprise Pick

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by xpmar9x, Apr 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Well then they'd be genius'... personally I just don't think he's going to be a franchise QB. Also, it really bugs me that if things don't work out in football he'll be able to become a MLB pitcher and probably a damn good one. If he struggles in the NFL I can see him playing baseball and that scares me.

2. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

The baseball thing doesn't worry me at all with Locker. His accuracy and decision making do. The one thing that could offset that and make him a "franchise" QB is his work ethic. Pairing that with Palmer, maybe he can make him into another Mark Brunell. Drafting him and expecting him to start in year one would be a mistake though. Sign Bulger, Collins, Or Hasselbeck and let him sit and learn behind them. Also giiving him a full year of not playing to work on his mechanics without the pressures of doing it against NFL defenses.

3. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

It would be a bit of a reach but if they think he can be that I support it because without a good QB we are exactly where we are right now which is a losing record picking top 10 in search of a QB. This draft is crucial for our future and Munch is going to want his guy so I could see us surprise and pull the trigger similar to the NYJ and Sanchez.

4. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

That's the problem... he is a reach. So you're telling me that after Pacman, VY, LenDale, Britt, and Henry you'd be willing to take a chance on any player that has big question marks? After all the mistakes we've made in recent years we can't afford to take any chances, and reaching for a QB that we hope will develop is too risky for my taste.

As long as we are a team focused on the running game I don't think a QB like Locker. We need a quarterback that protects the ball, a guy who can read a defense and deliver the ball accurately and on time.

I'd be much happier taking the BPA at eight, and possibly trading back up to the bottom of the first round, if need be, and take Dalton or Ponder.

5. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Locker has different question marks than those players which were character concerns.

We are a team focused on the running game due to the fact we have the most explosive RB in the league. However Munch realizes this is a QB driven league. We can't run CJ into 8 man fronts again and expect him to have a long and healthy career. We need more than a game manager if we want to win a SB. The Steelers, Ravens, Jets all are very good running the football but they still went out and got their guy to be the franchise QB. Colts, GB, NE all don't even have very good running games but remain contenders due to their QBs not a RB. Even AP couldn't get Minnesota wins, MJD get Jacksonville into the playoffs, Foster for Houston ect. RB's don't win games QB's do. We need a QB and if they think it is Jack Locker so be it.

History shows 2nd round QB's having success is a rarity.

6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I remember last year I started a thread saying we should always trade out of the 3rd round. The reason is that our 3rd round picks since the team became the Titans have been pretty awful.

Everyone scoffed at that idea.

But now everyone seems to buy into this hype of never drafting a 2nd round QB.

I find that odd.

I also don't think it makes Locker a better QB if he gets drafted 1st round 30th pick overall instead of 2nd round 35th pick overall.

7. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Locker is going to the Redskins. Makes the most sense, considering the style of QBs Shanahan has had in the past.

John, Jake, Jay.

Now it's time for another Jake who won't be a snake.

8. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Basically if we don't go QB round 1 we shouldn't even waste our time. I wouldn't mind Dalton in round 2 or someone like Enderle later in the 4-5 rounds. Going to be an interesting draft this year we really could go anywhere.

9. Ai2Ai

Ai2Ai Starter

Whoever the Raiders take.

10. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Safe bet is for the Skins to do something surprising.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar