Surprise Pick

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by xpmar9x, Apr 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

It's unfortunate the lockout happened because guys like Kolb, Palmer, Flynn, Orton/Tebow, could have fetched quite a bit in a trade this year. As is, I agree you're going to see a massive run on QBs, which is why there have been numerous reports saying that 5-6 QBs could go in round 1. That's also the main reason Jake Locker at #8 wouldn't shock me.

2. citizenthom

citizenthom Rookie

Top candidates for a "surprise" pick IMO are Stephen Paea and Drake Nevis. How BOTH those guys have fallen off the radar is beyond my comprehension.

Phil Taylor is also likely to go much higher than the 20s where most people have him, but I wouldn't consider that a surprise. I have him going to the Vikings, but you could be onto something with the Redskins.

3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I don't see Mallett in Washington. They would take Ponder or Dalton before Mallett IMO.

4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I wanted Ryan Fitzpatrick. If the Bills drafted Cam Newton, it would be possible. Bills need a "superstar" to gain national attention. I doubt they want to sit Cam, it's like Tebow.. they sat him and he put up beast numbers when he got a shot. I wouldn't be surprised if they start Cam, and trade Fitz (when the CBA is agreed on).

Fitz would be great. He's 28, so still has 3-5 years left. Didn't play alot, so he's "fresh". 3,000 yards, 23 TDs, 15 INT in 13 games on the Bills! I'd love him on the Titans, probably could get him for a 3rd? Stupid CBA..

5. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I think the surprise of the draft will be that Gabbert will fall and some team will take Mallett or Locker before him.

6. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

That would not shock me at all either....for some reason I really feel like we will take Locker at #8. It would not shock me at all for us to have him as the top QB in the draft, and if that's the case, then you'd be dead on with us passing on Gabbert if he is there.

7. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Yeah I could see us grab Locker at #8 and surprise some people.

At least we should still get a good d-line prospect coming back day 2 since this class is pretty deep at the top. Austin would be my preference over someone like Paea but wouldn't be upset with either or.

8. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

That's exactly what I see happening...Locker at #8, with Paea or Austin at #39...I actually like Paea more, but wouldn't be upset at all with Austin...

9. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

If we are dumb enough to take Locker at eight, then this franchise will have earned the years of mediocrity what will surely come as a result.

10. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Why what if he becomes a franchise qb?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar