Sure sub me in down 20 or 52 points

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by DESTRO90, Oct 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DESTRO90

DESTRO90 Camp Fodder

Reminds you of those good ole days when you were the backup to MJ. When you played the bench in place of one of the all time greats of your block, area, county, conference, or league. Thanks alot Coach!:gag:

So let's imagine this is anything else in life and you are down 52-0 nothing and then are subbed into the game with less than a minute to go before the 4th quarter. What is going to happen especially on the road in a blizzard. Yet he is expected to have a 158 qb rating.

After you laugh then just see that picture of Jeff Fisher on the NFL Network talking to you. Now imagine them players have to hear that crap every day for 15 years. Dude is like Bizarro Phil Jackson his Zen drives you insane!

2. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

Vince's bad play wasn't his fault. We get it.

3. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Good to be back.

But it will be his fault after the Jaguars game. Sorry had to say that...

4. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

No, it was his fault. What wasn't his fault was the score being 52-0 when he got thrown in there.

Why are you sorry? If he comes in and plays bad during the Jax game, it will be his fault. Plus, if Vince does get to start, even if the other players have given up, it would be in his best interest to not play like he's given up.

5. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Fair enough. But considering I am only talking about ONE game where he was thrown in during garbage time, your point wasn't what I was getting at.

7. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

I agree that is more of an insult than anything to put him in when we're killed. As much as I disagree with Fisher's play calling at times, I believe he knows (as do most) that a franchise will NEVER win a Super Bowl with Vince Young as their QB.

I hope we start VY the rest of the year, and of course I'll be rooting for him to fail because even if he looks good at times, he does not have the consistency to win against the best defenses.

He's like Allen Iverson, Marbury, or Stevie Francis...they're flashy, get a lot of press, but NEVER produce. Their errors and pulling down of the entire team FAR outweighs the specialized skills they do have.

I will bet anyone on this board as much as they want that he will never win a playoff game as a starter where he plays 75% of the offensive plays (to protect myself in case he gets hurt and someone else comes in and fills in).

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

You are wrong.
    I would like to see Vince whistle and make defenders think the play is over then zoom, take off on em.

9. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

But, you do understnad that 'whistling' and 'making defenders think' has NEVER won a Super Bowl, right?

Minnesota's fans that were Pro-Tarvaris said the same thing. Their front office, fortunately for the TEAM, had the recognition to move on from that failed project..and now they're 6-0 with a POCKET PASSER who doesn't 'whistle' or 'take off on em'

1st round receiver, Roddy White was considered a bust with Vick as his quarterback. Once he gets a smart, pocket passing quarterback, he's suddenly a top tier receiver in the ENTIRE league who makes the pro bowl.

Look, if you want a guy that makes NO ONE around him better, thus not allowing them to showcase their talents that's fine. If you want to defy history, that's fine. But, if you want to WIN A SUPER BOWL, then you must see what has worked in the elite league called the NFL, and what hasn't.

And, Vince...maybe the BEST of all the running quarterbacks was part of maybe the worst offense in the history of the NFL to make the playoffs in 2007. Hell, if I played defense for the Titans, I'd probably give up too, since there isn't an offense to turn their plays into points.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. oldoilerfan

oldoilerfan Camp Fodder

Imaginative Play Calling is what was missing

VY in a traditional pocket passer Offense would be offensive. That's the problem. Fish and crew (& VY) convinced themselves he needed to change to fit the mold of a NFL QB. Instead of using their imaginations to create an offensive scheme designed to utilize VY's abilities.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar